Lance and the Italian Press

2»

Comments

• teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    ...and then the dainty crossing of legs is the icing on the cake.

Maybe he's trying to hide something :twisted:
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    micron wrote:
    I'm very surprised he let that picture into the public domain - not only is a major crime being committed but exactly where is his left hand?
    Would the crime be the total lack of fashion sense?
    I don't mind Armstrong's comeback.....it's the long black socks on the bike I can't take!!
    so many cols,so little time!
  • I reckon the long black socks are deliberately aimed at British clubmen to upset them. He's devious you know. He doesn't use a Brooks saddle or a carradice bag and he's got at least 20 gears.......
  • micron wrote:
    I'm very surprised he let that picture into the public domain - not only is a major crime being committed but exactly where is his left hand?
    Would the crime be the total lack of fashion sense?
    I don't mind Armstrong's comeback.....it's the long black socks on the bike I can't take!!

+1
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Should have said 'major fashion crime' - the black socks alone are a major incident
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Dave millar seems to wear some rather strange,long socks,as well.
    Shame,as he has such a stylish position on the bike
    so many cols,so little time!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    Now I concider myself an Armstrong neutral, just bot really interested in all the debate that goes on around him bit I'm not sure I fully understand the "Raising awareness of cancer" headline. Given that cancer calims approx 1 life in 3 (in the UK at least) then surely there can be nobody who hasn't lost a friend or relative to the disease and hence we are already all rather "Aware" of it?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I think people are aware of cancer but his foundation aims to raise awareness of how to support people who are ill, to explain how to get treatment and more, all very American where you choose your hospital, doctor and can even choose the brand of chemotherapy medicines you take.

Although as others have pointed out on here before, this sort of awareness can help but jetting into Kazakhstan and Central Asia to explain how to look for the signs of cancer, eg testicular cancer, would probably save many more lives than "empowering" Americans or Europeans because it would help people prevent or treat illnesses early.

All said, his comeback hasn't really seemed to be about charity, this seems to be cover for the enjoyment of racing, his competitive drive as well as the chance to collect a lot of earnings for himself, for example he took a personal appearance fee (for his bank account, not for charity) at the Tour Down Under and is supposed to be collecting $2m in the same way in the Giro.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    andyp wrote:
    Marco Casartelli is Fabio Casartelli's son. He was a baby when his father died. To his credit, Armstrong has consistently supported the Casartelli family.

So did Pantani.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman