Zog's Blog

zoglug
zoglug Posts: 212
I picked my road bike up last night and i love it! Its pretty damn whippy and not half as rough of a ride as i thought it would be! SO until i get somewhere better to log these (which is when i get home NapD suggested a great site i cant access from work!) Im going to log my rides here.

Daily commute:

Distance - 7.5 miles
Time - 29 mins 30 secs (this doesnt include my stopping at lights etc, the time stops as i stop!)
Avg Speed - 15.2 mph
Max Speed - 24.2 mph

And although i got soaked, i didnt want to arrive at work! I wanted to carry on! Hoping to improve on this rather quickly.

Cheers

Zog
iamwhatiam.gif

Comments

• Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    I know that feeling, a cr@p day on the bike still beats a good day at work :)
    I use googles blogspot.com for my blog, it's free and easy to use.
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • zoglug
    I got absolutely drenched! Lovely manchester weather and to top it off splashed and laughed at by some clowns in a Merc, but i just smiled and kept on cycling. My 'waterproof' football coat, my club got me for when im coaching, is more showerproof than waterproof! I really need to get some cycling gear together :D

But i loved being out on the bike and plan on putting a good 20/30 miles in tonight! I just hope this bug doesnt bite to hard, could cost me even more of a fortune than it has!

I was happy with my time considering last time i commuted it took me 55 mins on a clapped out old mountain bike.

Cheers Barneysnake, ill look at that once i get home tonight! Use it to keep my vital stats on and any whinges ive got! :P

Cheers

Zog
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • zoglug
    Daily commute home:

Distance - 7.38 miles
    Time - 28 mins 15 secs
    Avg Speed - 15.1 mph
    Max Speed - 27.2 mph
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • zoglug