Armstrong looks heavy; no win for Lance in Tour or Giro??

2»

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    just reading Lance pulled most of the way up Sestriere hmm...and only slightly dropped on the final climb and got back on...me thinks he will be top 5 in the TT, maybe top 3 and some not very happy regulars posting about doping allegations on here come July when he will poss come very close to or take an 8th TDF win :)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:
    just reading Lance pulled most of the way up Sestriere hmm...and only slightly dropped on the final climb and got back on...me thinks he will be top 5 in the TT, maybe top 3 and some not very happy regulars posting about doping allegations on here come July when he will poss come very close to or take an 8th TDF win :)

Yes, I'm really glad he's back. All the additional news coverage of cycling, especially in the UK, it really gratifying.

Oh wait, there isn't any.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I'm still hoping that Contador goes mental and attacks like a mad man at the Tour. If he just keeps quiet and works as a super domestique for the mountain stages we will all die of boredom. Again. Nope, there has to be a split at Astana for the Tour, and Contador just has to attack his own team. He has to, he just has to.

Lance's performance yesterday was ominous. All eyes on the TT now.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    Lance's performance yesterday was ominous. All eyes on the TT now.
    He's just had two days off. Let's see him do the same on Monday after six consecutive days of racing, before we start blowing smoke up his arse.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Vino2007 wrote:
    touché hevipedal, i think people fail to realise this guy for the past few years has been doing overall training for his running etc and the guy comes back within 12months of serious training and is as hevipedal says, whooping the arses of young guys who have been focused solely on the bike for god knows how long.
    Lance certainly is a super athlete.

QFT
    Mañana
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    He's riding exactly as most expected him to ride. using this race to get his form back for the tour. He's kind of a non event at the moment. I'm not a fan anymore either, but its getting so boring concentrating on him. Let the media do that... I'm holding off all views until July.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    I think Armsotrongs perrformance is surprisingly good, its going to be an intersting TT
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Yes, I'm really glad he's back. All the additional news coverage of cycling, especially in the UK, it really gratifying.

Oh wait, there isn't any.

I am enjoying following his progress even though he's an arrogant twat a lot of the time-still interesting to see an old guy from the Indurain era, riding in a different era and still good.....and yeah...few in the world give a damn about contador or boonen...but they know Lance A...and not for doping..he's the only person who will get the non cycling public's attention IMO...am not in the UK so don't know but accept what you are saying...those 500 extra journos needed explained though...why the doubling of accredition...? he must be getting reported somewhere in the world...???
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    He has been tested time and time again. Why do people still not believe that he is clean?

He still has the magic TUE dosn't he. ???

The upper body size was noted when he started in Europe in 92 and explained that he had just changed from being a TRI - Athlete.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972