RPCC Capital-Coast-Capital Ride - Sat 23rd May

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
A separate thread this week for the CCC ride being planned by a few of us from the RPCC threads - there was definite interest from a few of the RPCC regulars so let's get a plan together.

I seem to recall that myself, Phips, Art Vandelay, The Emu, Berns12, Felgen(?) and a couple of others were planning to do this. Anyone else planning to tag along?

I reckon we run it as an 8am or 8:30am start?

We spoke about adding in Ditchling Beacon heading south so that we can do as much of the North Downs big climbs as possible on the way back to London - I vote for this London to Brighton route as our journey south: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/BHF-London-to-Brighton-2004. I can then get us along the coast and back to the Ewhurst area by reversing the southern leg of the previous CCC rides, then we can play in the Surrey Hills to our heart's (and legs) contents! :twisted:

Who's in? :shock:

Comments

• Brocade
    Brocade Posts: 433
    Hi Rich,
    I'll try and make it. I am slowly building up, and am trying to do a 140km ride so may not go the entire distance but 2/3's this time. What is the exact distance ?
    Regards,
    Tolga
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Tolga - not sure of the exact distance as I've not done this route yet. For me the previous CCC route was 204k for me, so basically 200k from the RP meet point.

Maybe do the full southern leg, then do the northern leg until we reach a train stop? That way if you're feeling good you could make full distance? At least you've got the option then, just a thought :wink:
  • Brocade
    Good idea, I'll go for that.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brocade
    Earlier the better for me on start times...
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • DomLuck
    DomLuck Posts: 9
    I'm in. The more hills the better.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Yup, I'm in.

Will 'go with the flow' for the start time.
    Will Mal be joining you dude?
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I'm in for ....as long as we can stop at the cake shop at Worthing for a bite to eat as if I wear team Lampre I get 20% off.....something to do with drawing a crowd :oops: :P

Weather supposed to be warm but drizzly....mind you could end up being anything as still a few days away.

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    The emu wrote:
    ...as long as we can stop at the cake shop at Worthing for a bite to eat
    You think I'm going all that way and not going to Parklife??!! :roll: :lol:

I reckon we get to Brighton, spin along the coast, visit Parklife then head north 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    The emu wrote:
    I as if I wear team Lampre I get 20% off.....something to do with drawing a crowd :oops: :P

:shock: what is it with aussies wearing pimk ??? : :roll: :roll:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Looking forward to this ride - my hamstrings are perilously twinging just thinking about it but is definitely needed for me to stay on track for Fray Bentos.! :twisted:

Weather looking superb aswell - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

<cue late bitterly cold change> :roll:

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    Yup, me too - although legs feel a bit wobbly after today's RP3 assault!

Hopefully my newly adapted position will help too, although you're all gonna laugh at my saddle height now! :lol:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    I'm on for this. Let's do 8am at Richmond Gate.
    Just need to buy some more inner tubes and more patches after last weekend's 'experience'. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Rich-Ti
    Just a little reminder chaps... Mmmm, caaaaake :wink: 8) :lol:
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Has anyone mapped out the route for this weekend's CCC by any chance? I might store it on my new toy in case I get need to bail part of the way or are we just relying the bikely route which Rich had posted?

And 8am is good for me too :) See y'all Saturday.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    19º! Top banana. It'll be shorts n' shades. Wicked.
    [parent mode] Don't forget your sun cream folks! [/parent mode] :roll: :lol:
    phips wrote:
    8am. Strang, you're sick. And we all know you'll turn up at 8:15 ;)
    Hell, I'm 5mins from the meet point and I'll most likely be late! :roll: :oops: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Right chaps, 8am Richmond Gate is a definite - DomLuck & Brocade, you both still planning to join us?

Current roll call then:

Me
    Phips
    Mal (still to confirm)
    The Emu
    Berns12
    Art Vandelay
    DomLuck
    Brocade

No news from Felgen so my guess is he won't be joining us (which is a shame cos I was looking forward to sheltering behind 'The Felgen Train' as he flies along on his new wheels! :lol: ).

Anyone else?

Oh, and I'm unlikely to get a chance to get the London to Brighton part of the route onto my Garmin - can anyone else confirm they have done it? I'm cool with the Brighton-Worthing-London bit, just don't want to waste time getting lost getting to Brighton in the first place! :roll:

I'm excited... 8)
  • DomLuck
    DomLuck Posts: 9
    Yes I'll be there for definite - no last minute drop out for me no matter how many beers I have the night before :D (actually don't have chance to get out for many beers these days)
  • Brocade
    I'm in. Depending on how I am doing, I might cut it short though... the longest distance I've evr done is 120km so far. I either just might not be able to make the whole route or fail to keep up with you guys. I was left a bit short of breath near Shere last time you guys set-off for the coast 3 weeks ago.

I'll have a Garmin device with me. MapMyRide has some routes here:

http://www.mapmyride.com/search_old?txt ... teTypeID=2

I can load up some of these on my device and we can see how things go.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Brocade wrote:
    I'll have a Garmin device with me. MapMyRide has some routes here:

http://www.mapmyride.com/search_old?txt ... teTypeID=2

I can load up some of these on my device and we can see how things go.
    There's a route on the first post Brocade - we'll be using that... but we need to link in to it from our RP start point.
  • RedGreenBaron
    RedGreenBaron Posts: 232
    Just to wish you all a safe, dry, trouble free and satisfying ride. I wish I could join.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Haven't you lot finished yet? ;)

Uh oh maybe shouldnt tempt fate.... Looking forward to hearing about a 22mph average and everyone going sub 6 minutes up Box Hill
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Epic, epic, epic. What a day!

221km for me, 27.5kph ave, bailed on Box Hill cos a few of us wanted to get back.

11 riders south for part of the way, 10 made it over Ditchling Beacon and to Worthing, 6 riders north, 1 puncture (me), lots of cake eaten!

Apologies that the Southern route wasn't quite up to standard, but hopefully the route north made up for it. For future CCCs I vote we stick to the other rute and throw in the odd twist here and there.

I'm buzzing! 8)

(give it a couple of hours and a pint of Guinness and I'll be ready for bed... let's just hope she's not or she'll be mightily disappointed!! :lol: )

Nice one chaps
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Nice....

I ended up doing 144km and getting home only at 14h00... Instead of doing the same return ride I used part of the Evans KOTD 1st loop and finished quite tired... 1 week with no sports made a big difference...

When is the next C to C?
  • Brocade
    Folks,
    Hope you did not wait long. I got there at 817am as I took the turn to Kingston from Fulham and ended up going around the park and you guys had left... it's my fourth time at RP. Anyway, I tried to follow the route to Brighton hoping I could catch you guys and ended up giving up around 80km into it and turned back.
    Hope it was fun.
    Tolga
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Aah Tolga, you only just missed us dude - I was late turning up so we can't have left much after 8:15! Must swap numbers...

You missed a good'un - I'm shot to bits! :lol: