help!! please!! back pain and going on tour

inaperfectworld
inaperfectworld Posts: 219
i'm going touring in the vercors region of france a fortnight today but last week i started with back ache without apparent reason. thursday and friday were bad and saturday was twinging and making me walk oddly just to paper shop. spent 3 days doing not much and things easier now but really worried about back being good enough to go or letting me down again whilst i'm away. not prone to back problems either. often get backache on a long ride but if i get off and steretch a bit it goes off and i can continue comfortably. any advice; massage perhaps or osteopath?

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Go to the doctor and see what they reccomend. Probably physio, get seen soon to give yourself a chance to fix it before tour.
    For instant guidance or advice, search the web. Loads of physio/exercise sites out there.
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Go see a chiropractor learn some basic spinal mobilisation exercises and you will be able to treat yourself.
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    In general but not exclusively, Chiropractors won't give many exercises, so there is an inbuilt reliance on the repeat business - obviously there are exceptions. Physios (I'm one) and Osteopaths prescribe exercises which can be useful to help yourself, as well as provide treatment there and then. Best bet is to get someone recommmended - better than trying pot luck. This should be resolvable quickly unless your getting leg pains and pins & needles/numbness.
    ditto RHJ, get seen soon so you can sort it out and it doesn't mess with your tour.
    Best of luck with it.
    Yak