Stage 3 *Spoiler*

camerone
camerone Posts: 1,232
edited May 2009 in Pro race
aplologies if there is already a post - couldnt see it.
Just to say Eurosport are on half an hour EARLY! I am stunned but pleased!

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Only a repeat of yesterday. They can't go live until RAI goes live.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    still better than tennis!
  • afx237vi
    Ehhh... depends if Ana Ivanovic is playing.

If Mauresmo is playing, I'll take the cycling repeat.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just got back from a weekend in the Lakes with the In-Laws, sans Eurosport, so I'm rather happy to have the repeat.
  • afx237vi
    CVV, crashed out.
  • Anonymous
    Heh heh, I made David Harmon laugh with the lookalike thingy of Cav and Bingo :D
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    edited May 2009
    Indeed - made me laugh too.
    Powered by Haribo.
  • Anonymous
    I used these pics -

Mark-Cavendish-001.jpg

bingo-banana-splits.jpg

But I've seen various others too, the first time I saw it was during the Giro last year... I was nearly crying.
  • afx237vi
    All happening now... Leipheimer on the attack (no, really), and a massive bottleneck holds up half the peloton. Riders just standing around scratching their heads.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    And Leipheimer wins the Giro. Right there. Bunch of ar$e.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    And Leipheimer wins the Giro. Right there. Bunch of ar$e.

Nah, the Liquigassers pulled him back in. Cav and Menchov stuck in the 2nd group.
  • Anonymous
    Doh! Feel soz for Cav...

Gonna be an interesting finish.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Pure Giro mania. The race is infamous for the bottlenecks and once again the unpredictable route has its effects.
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    and there goes cav...
  • disgruntledgoat
    At work so no telly. Does anybody have the slightest idea where Gibo is?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Go visconti!

Otherwise Petacchi
  • Anonymous
    Wooo
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    pettachi again :(
  • afx237vi

In the front group. Menchov was the only GC guy to miss out (I think).
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Looks like High Road were not bothered about Cav loosing jersey :D Looking after Rodgers?
  • disgruntledgoat
    afx237vi wrote:

In the front group. Menchov was the only GC guy to miss out (I think).

Cheers afx. Had a major PTP stress there! Only had cyclingnews updates to go on

@gietvangent
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I reckon Lance A will be in pink tomorrow...IMO he will surprise everyone tomorrow
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I reckon Lance A will be in pink tomorrow...IMO he will surprise everyone tomorrow

I thought you were looking forward to him getting his butt kicked in the mountains?
    Then again, perhaps not.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:

I thought you were looking forward to him getting his butt kicked in the mountains?
    Then again, perhaps not.
    I am...he needs beaten...was just stating what looks likely...and Charmichael's prediction that he'd surprise people make me think Charmichael has the old templates out from 2005 and knows exactly what LA can sustain in power ouput...so I am just saying that. but if he rides will, i will not hate him the way many here will, is it obligatory?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Dave_1 wrote:

As it's early in the race - you may well be correct. Depends if he gets better/fitter as the race wears on - or just get tired.

Personally - I think he has a point to prove and will go out and try and prove it tomoro - before Levi takes over. And I applaud him if he can do it.
  • dave_1
    Pokerface wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

As it's early in the race - you may well be correct. Depends if he gets better/fitter as the race wears on - or just get tired.

Personally - I think he has a point to prove and will go out and try and prove it tomoro - before Levi takes over. And I applaud him if he can do it.

me too...you'd have to respect him...all the whinging about how he takes the spotlight...he just brought an extra 500 accredited journos to the Giro...has every right to some of that spotlight as they'd not be there if he was not and millions would not tune into the Giro...
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Menchov lost 24 seconds in the end. Simoni was in the lead group. For those who think this is Danielson's big chance, well, he lost 2.50. Soler lost 1.25 in addition to the time he lost yesterday.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/gi ... ts/giro093
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    What was telling for me, was Levi clearly having to sit up and wait, (told to, I'd guess)when he was in the break and Lance may have been held up by the crash.
    Total opposite of yesterday.

There is now issue who is the real Astana leader here and I'm afraid Bertie is going to be in the same boat, come July.

Btw: Tomorrow. Dave, I don't think you'll see Lance in pink, tomorrow.
    This stage has a Cunego, Di Luca and maybe Garzelli, sprint off, written all over it.
    With the bonus seconds, it could well be DDL in the pink.

Unless, Ivan Basso kicks it all off, on the much tougher first climb......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    What was telling for me, was Levi clearly having to sit up and wait, (told to, I'd guess)when he was in the break and Lance may have been held up by the crash.
    Total opposite of yesterday.

There is now issue who is the real Astana leader here and I'm afraid Bertie is going to be in the same boat, come July.

Btw: Tomorrow. Dave, I don't think you'll see Lance in pink, tomorrow.
    This stage has a Cunego, Di Luca and maybe Garzelli, sprint off, written all over it.
    With the bonus seconds, it could well be DDL in the pink.

Unless, Ivan Basso kicks it all off, on the much tougher first climb......

fair enough...you culd be right...interesting what you are saying about Leiphemer...I suspect Levi will want to show who is boss tomorrow too. I have picked LL at PTP overal Giro...Cunego can't really climb much these days...Basso seemed dropped by a bit of a gringo on the summit finish of the race he won last month
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Carmichael never worked much with Armstrong, it was Michele Ferrari who was the real coach. So I'd take Carmichael's words with some caution.