The ultimate SCR tool?!

124»

Comments

• nielsamd
    nielsamd Posts: 174
    itboffin wrote:
    cue someone to post pic of TT dude with unfeasibly large ring.

In LFGSS style:
    http://tinyurl.com/cfpdxq
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    £97 fine GB pounds later I'm the owner of a TT frame, bang on those full carbon forks and seat post I just happen to have knocking around and what do you know we're halfway to a TT bike.

The wheels will be here shortly and for now i'm happy to blast around fixed, not at 15 mph Jon/cjcp my only regret is that I sold my MASSHOOF ring before it ever saw the light of day.

You are unbelievable. :) Does this mean you have now have a complete stable of bikes?

Not yet i'll be popping in and out of various establishments soon for a full carbon fitting, FFS man i've worked myself almost to death recently for the greater good of the world of cycling I need CARBON it's just a case of what flavour, yummy :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    nielsamd wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

In LFGSS style:

WTF that is by far the biggest ring i've ever seen :lol: how would you ever get that started :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    £97 fine GB pounds later I'm the owner of a TT frame, bang on those full carbon forks and seat post I just happen to have knocking around and what do you know we're halfway to a TT bike.

The wheels will be here shortly and for now i'm happy to blast around fixed, not at 15 mph Jon/cjcp my only regret is that I sold my MASSHOOF ring before it ever saw the light of day.

You are unbelievable. :) Does this mean you have now have a complete stable of bikes?

Not yet i'll be popping in and out of various establishments soon for a full carbon fitting, FFS man i've worked myself almost to death recently for the greater good of the world of cycling I need CARBON it's just a case of what flavour, yummy :lol:

Or Titanium. Or Scandium.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • nielsamd
    nielsamd Posts: 174
    itboffin wrote:
    nielsamd wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

In LFGSS style:

WTF that is by far the biggest ring i've ever seen :lol: how would you ever get that started :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's the story........:
    ...................................http://www.bikebrothers.co.uk/ultimatebike.htm
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    After starting this thread - I made the purchase of the TT frame for £97 last night.......

Now to decide whether or not to go with gears or go fixed.....Hmmmmm

May have to go fixed for now and migrate when cash becomes free!
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.
    Isn't that an oxymoron anywhere other than in a velodrome?
  • gtvlusso
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.

Errr - yes!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.

Beryl Burton, probably the greatest time-trialist in history, used a fixed gear almost exclusively.
  • gtvlusso
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.

Beryl Burton, probably the greatest time-trialist in history, used a fixed gear almost exclusively.

Are you calling me a girl?!

You are very right - I read an article about her acheivements.....massively impressive!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.

There was also an article in a recent CW about a chap who still time-trialled in his 40s/50s and is still going, he mentioned 'riding a 110-120" gear fixed' as an advisable TT technique if it's flat. :shock:
  • bratboy
    bratboy Posts: 82
    Chris Boardman used a fixed for his build up to the '92 Olympics and Hour Record in '93. I think he set the 25mile TT record then too on a fixed (45:57mins) - not sure of the gear but he was using something similar to that he rode on the track, probably a 55x13.

He's a clip from the archives during the lead up to the hour record attempt in '93 when he got the 25mile TT recordhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBdJf5OkUc0&feature=PlayList&p=57BD44117D4C267B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30

He also won about 4 national hill climb champs on a fixed too.
    SC61.10a: FCN 3, with clip-on guards for winter
    Uncle John: FCN ?? knobblies, or 'fat' slicks n guards

If you haven't tried these things, you should.
    These things are fun, and fun is good.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Fixed Time Trial Bike.

There was also an article in a recent CW about a chap who still time-trialled in his 40s/50s and is still going, he mentioned 'riding a 110-120" gear fixed' as an advisable TT technique if it's flat. :shock:

yips thats high gearing my bike gets to about 110 in the highest...and while i'm a low cadence grinder than spinner not sure even on the fat i'd gear that high mind you i'm very rarely on a flat road, the downs do tend to be either up or down...