Cravings - whats the matter with me....

Biljasp
Biljasp Posts: 53
I'm training fairly hard at the moment, long (100 miles) hilly rides on a Saturday fairly rapid and 2 fast 40miles loops twice a week at 6am. I'm training for the Fred Whitton and want to beat my time of 6:31 from last year, well smash it really i want to be near 6 hours.

I'm doing pretty good but am getting craving for sweets. I'm eating regularly and a good balanced diet, lots of fruit and veg but why can't i stop eating?

I have lost a few kilos and am down to 73.5Kg's from a winter 78Kg's i know people will say i'm not eating right/enough but i feel i am as the weight is coming off slow. Any other reasons or am i just a greedy b'stard?

I am weak willed!!

Cheers

Comments

• Tom98
    Tom98 Posts: 91
    Hi, try eating small amounts of food on the bike even if you are not hungery. Brioche and jam rolls work well for me :wink: also try using a protein recovery drink 30 mins after riding. That way you are quickly replacing the burned proteins which should help stop craving.
    Hope This helps :)
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    You are not alone. I get similar except in my case its for porage.
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I crave sweets too. I've always listened to what my bodies telling me though so when I crave something sweet I assume I need suger and try to eat a piece of sweet fruit, or some berries with honey. It doesn't always work, but it does help most of the time.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Yes your definately not on your own. After a long ride I crave anything, biscuites, fruite, cereal. After a long ride on a weekend I try to time it so that when I get home its around a lunch time. Then if I start to feel hungry a couple of hours later I drink a large glass of water and eat some fruite. The water normally fills you up.