Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Music....PInk floyd....slayer.....Prodigy....etc etc

shogunsteveshogunsteve Posts: 209
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket
So what do you listen to and when?

Currently I'm going through a phase of pink floyd, slayer and prodigy. Weird yes I know.

Yesterday after a short ride I came home listening to Mystikal - If it aint live it aint me

Anyway...all I can say is what you listening too?!
«1

Posts

  • blu3catblu3cat Posts: 1,016
    The tiger lillies, Queens of the stone age and Miles Davis for those "I've overdone it moments".
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

    FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • jellybellywmbjellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Listen to just about everything, last download was Faithless Greatest Hits. very good load on a sunny day in the car.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • teagarteagar Posts: 2,100
    Really old skool house at the moment. Take me away by true faith, future sound of london etc. Atmospheric as opposed to happy piano house.


    8)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • hitthewallhitthewall Posts: 114
    Diverse but in the car at the moment "Doll Domination" by the Pussycat Dolls. That's because ny daughter left it in the CD player. Not as bad as you might think. They have some good songwriters, rythms and writers behind them (and Lewis Hamilton of course).

    Have been listening recently to latest Snow Patrol, Killers and some old Genesis (proper Genesis with Peter Gabriel) - Supper's Ready anyone? Had Joy Division on but a bit depressing.

    Want to get Yeah Yeah Yeahs latest (Blitz) and Bat for Lashes (have got her first).
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just poichased The Mummers' new album, should be with me next week.

    Very eclectic mix of choons for me, but then again, the hifi is worth more than the cars and the bikes put together!!
  • grandad3grandad3 Posts: 322
    Right now while writing this on pc listening to rammstein/nightwish mix :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • guillianoguilliano Posts: 5,495
    Pink Floyd Pulse (best of, live), Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang, Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magic and The Best of Otis Redding are getting played a lot on my iPod at the moment. Sometimes Reef, Staind or Dr Dre make a cameo.....
  • shogunsteveshogunsteve Posts: 209
    guilliano wrote:
    Pink Floyd Pulse (best of, live), Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang, Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magic and The Best of Otis Redding are getting played a lot on my iPod at the moment. Sometimes Reef, Staind or Dr Dre make a cameo.....


    Bloody bloody cracking choice. And you reminded me of RHCP of whom [believe it or not] I had forgotten about!

    Top stuff :D
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo habitual is currently in the lounge CD player, don't know whether to go and see them with NIN as they are playing the MEN in Manchester which is a censored venue, whereas last time I saw them was at the Apollo and was the best gig I've been to and have happy memories of it.

    Upstairs CD Player has an album called Ballroom by Trapist, ultra mellow choons.

    Car CD player - Fleet Foxes

    Other car / dining room hifi have th'ipod.
  • mmitchell88mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    You think I have the time to listen to anything??
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • AirwaveAirwave Posts: 483
    Mainly listen to Euphoric dance,Rank 1 etc.Happy harcore makes me ride faster&chill out trance slows me down again!Mind you it's hard to beat the 1812 overture or Holst's Planets for the last few miles of a 100miler as you return triuphant.
  • shogunsteveshogunsteve Posts: 209
    edited April 2009
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo habitual is currently in the lounge CD player, don't know whether to go and see them with NIN as they are playing the MEN in Manchester which is a censored venue, whereas last time I saw them was at the Apollo and was the best gig I've been to and have happy memories of it.

    Upstairs CD Player has an album called Ballroom by Trapist, ultra mellow choons.

    Car CD player - Fleet Foxes

    Other car / dining room hifi have th'ipod.

    Again reminding me of stuff I forgot about.

    Best thing about this thread is it brings out all the stuff I forgot about or have not heard before.

    Am now listening to Janes Addiction - Just Because

    OH and EDIT: I knew I remembered that bloke from somewhere...and it was woodstock Porno for Pyros and a song called PETS.
    Excellent
  • teagarteagar Posts: 2,100
    Airwave wrote:
    Mainly listen to Euphoric dance,Rank 1 etc.Happy harcore makes me ride faster&chill out trance slows me down again!Mind you it's hard to beat the 1812 overture or Holst's Planets for the last few miles of a 100miler as you return triuphant.

    Happy hardcore... *shakes head*

    You need to sort yourself out with some tech-trance my friend.

    Give the Cream - Future Trance compilation a go. Some real crackers on there.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • guillianoguilliano Posts: 5,495
    Am going out in search of some Altern-8 on payday...... I need to recapture my youth!
  • JLM74JLM74 Posts: 108
    Currently, Flight of the Conchords, the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Pearl Jam and Bat For Lashes. :)
  • FCE2007FCE2007 Posts: 863
    My current loop is The Ramones/Faith No More/Biohazard and the RHCP (early stuff).
    Powered by Haribo.
  • rally200rally200 Posts: 646
    I like both types of music: soul, and R&B

    (that is - old style 60s/70s soul & R&B - not the modern tuneless, mysogenist video'd b##locks)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    guilliano wrote:
    Am going out in search of some Altern-8 on payday...... I need to recapture my youth!

    I still have the album on CD...
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jesus and Marychain, Primal scream, Rolling Stones; exile on main street, NWA, The Hives IPod when riding.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Spears Britney

    Anything that aint classical really.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    willhub wrote:
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Spears Britney

    Anything that aint classical really.

    :shock:

    You just haven't heard anything properly. You should hear some Borodin, Mahler or Prokofiev or whatever on my hifi.

    Beautiful!
  • BhimaBhima Posts: 2,145
    On the Bike: Old Atmospheric Drum n Bass to keep a good rhythm on low-cadence work. Absolutely mental high-tempo jazz. Some of my own work/recordings so I can listen to them without being tempted to go back and tweak them every two minutes.

    Off the bike: Old/Good Hip Hop - None of that gangster/gold-chain/pimp-my-ride garbage :? Techno, More Jazz, Old 60s stuff, Funk, Ambient stuff. Nothing wrong with orchestral music. Bit of everything really.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jazz is an aquired taste.... :x
  • MettanMettan Posts: 2,103
    An uplifting guitar solo from the great man :D :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjyqMZKe ... re=related

    It just gets better and better............ thankyou Frank 8)

    And a snippet from Allan :D

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgXY8Yt ... re=related

    Thankyou Allan 8)
  • Stewie GriffinStewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    rally200 wrote:
    I like both types of music: soul, and R&B

    (that is - old style 60s/70s soul & R&B - not the modern tuneless, mysogenist video'd b##locks)

    60/70/80' Soul & R&B is what I grew up listening to :D . Dark 90's Drum & Bass is what I would ride to, if I didnt realise that I would get so wrapped up in that I would forget that there are other people on the road & they are in big boxes made out of metal and weigh a lot more than me :lol:
  • teagarteagar Posts: 2,100
    Jake151 wrote:
    Muse, Gatecrasher the alubum (dont know what year but I am in love with it at the moment), Liking a little of the all American rejects, Calvin harris :P


    Find out which year! That's the interesting bit! We talking late '90s early 00's or late '00s?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • HonestAlHonestAl Posts: 406
    for those not averse to rocky, sometimes proggy guitar oriented adventure try Dream Theater, The Reasoning, or Coheed and Cambria, or perhaps a bit of bluesy rock from Aynley Lister or new boy Simon McBride
    "The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon
  • Bhima wrote:
    On the Bike: Old Atmospheric Drum n Bass to keep a good rhythm on low-cadence work. Absolutely mental high-tempo jazz. Some of my own work/recordings so I can listen to them without being tempted to go back and tweak them every two minutes.

    Off the bike: Old/Good Hip Hop - None of that gangster/gold-chain/pimp-my-ride garbage :? Techno, More Jazz, Old 60s stuff, Funk, Ambient stuff. Nothing wrong with orchestral music. Bit of everything really.

    You should really try and find the mix by Radio 1/1Xtra to celebrate 30 years of hip hop, 500 tracks mixed together into an hour.

    Personally at the moment i'm really into Lifehouse, who everyone should try to listeno to - Breathing, Sick Cycle Carousel and Hangin By A Moment especially.

    Also I love Fall Out Boy, The Killers and Arctic Monkeys. Of current chart musuc Lady Gaga's album is FANTASTIC and I like the new Dizzee Rascal song too.

    Any comments?
  • finchyfinchy Posts: 6,686
    Julian Cope - Citizen Cain'd
    Delgados - Universal Audio
    Tankcsapda - Tankcsapda
    Bjork - Post
    Only Ones - The Peel Sessions

    And in my attempt to spread the good word, check out this band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuunVUDO ... re=related
  • guillianoguilliano Posts: 5,495
    I listened to The Cranberries a little recently and I'd forgotten what a good band they were! God her voice is sexy!
Sign In or Register to comment.