HRM problems... could it be my cycle computer?

smaidment
smaidment Posts: 30
I recently bought a cateye strada wireless cycle computer, which has been great. However, I used my polar HRM for the first time in ages last night and wasn't able to pick up a signal from my chest strap - just a constant "heart rate" of around 210 bpm, which presumably was coming from the cycle computer. (Once I stopped cycling the HRM picked up my actual heart rate again!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

My polar HRM is supposed to be coded, however I wonder whether it could be in "uncoded" mode. Is there a way of switching between coded and uncoded modes?

Would a low battery in the HRM "watch" stop it from picking up the correct signals?

Would be grateful for any thoughts/ solutions. It seems really silly that I can't use two really good products together...

Comments

• zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    I've had interference in the past like that. I know this sounds obvious but does the HRM accurately measure if you go for a walk/run?...if it does then its obviously the Cateye. Don't think battery would impact that much - I mean, again, prior to using it with the Cateye did you notice erroneous readings that might have been symptomatic of a low battery?