Tuesday evening races at Hillingdon

2»

Comments

• alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Jim / Markya - Have a polite word with the woman in question in person, and with the organiser (Des?) if necesary on the night. Far better than internet posting.

PS. I'll be up there for the mad tow round in the E123 event at some point, even though I don't expect a placing it is a good work out.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    jibberjim wrote:
    don key wrote:
    InsideOut wrote:
    She dropped back to the 4th cat race with the intention of leading out a team mate on the last lap. She did the same on a previous week to good effect - her team mate scored well up in the points (and money) because of it. Not on, in my opinion.

That should be enough to exclude her from racing there as if it is true then it is out and out cheating.

Also, as she's a woman, she could race in the 4th cat men anyway, when some team tactics would be completely welcome! So it seems a little strange.

"also, as shes a woman", that is nonsense, there is a woman or two who can whip most of us and regularly do.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    don key wrote:
    jibberjim wrote:
    Also, as she's a woman, she could race in the 4th cat men anyway, when some team tactics would be completely welcome! So it seems a little strange.

"also, as shes a woman", that is nonsense, there is a woman or two who can whip most of us and regularly do.

Erm? am I wrong about the rules, I thought only women 3rd cats and above were allowed to enter the 4th cat race, you're saying if it was a male 3rd cat they'd also be allowed to start in the 4ths?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    jibberjim wrote:
    don key wrote:
    jibberjim wrote:

Erm? am I wrong about the rules, I thought only women 3rd cats and above were allowed to enter the 4th cat race, you're saying if it was a male 3rd cat they'd also be allowed to start in the 4ths?

I am only talking about what you said, it is very clear. So if that is not what you mean, literally, then change it.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    don key wrote:
    I am only talking about what you said, it is very clear. So if that is not what you mean, literally, then change it.

I'm still lost as to how you get from me saying that as a woman she can race in the 4th cat mens race - the distinction being a 3rd cat man would not be able to, to somehow you thinking I was knocking the ability of women racers.

My goals for 2009 include holding a womens wheel for 1 lap of Richmond Park - which I've still not achieved. I've watched 3 womens Team Series events and I'm confident I would've been comfortably dropped in all of them. I have no doubts of their ability and I welcome having my 3rd cat women team-mate in the Hillingdon races trying to help me.

I'm not sure how to edit it to still say what I wanted, but clear up any confusion, 'cos I can't see any there!

I think I'll be returning to Hillingdon next week, unless the weather is awful.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • jamiecurry
    jamiecurry Posts: 34
    I have ridden most of the winter series and it did my training and cornering skills which werent that good a lot of good.

I have turned from somone who could barley hold on the back of the winter series to a decent 4th cat with a pretty nippy finnish.

Th bunches are big enough to have a decent ride and hold out of the wind but not so big you cant move up or move around in it. say 20 to 30 riders.

Come along and join us, only thing we ask is have a decently maintained bike and good rubber on your wheels as its a course that needs good tyres for cornering at speed.

James
    Inverse Racing UK / Bikefood
    http://www.inverseracing.com