Ideas for offshore training

JAGGY
JAGGY Posts: 167
Hello there

Can anyone suggest any training programs for an excercise bike to train while working offshore?

I currently use a few of the programs on the life fitness bike in the gym offshore and do a bit of running and weights but am finding this very boring and losing interest hence affecting my performance when coming home and getting out on my bikes. Its like starting again when i come home. Just getting back into good shape then coming back to work.

I need an interesting program so i've still got good base fitness when i return home so i can enjoy my cycling.

Thanks

Comments

• deal
    deal Posts: 857
    swimming

sorry couldnt resist.
  • A team mate of mine uses one of those Tacx turbos you can hook up to a laptop and use it to ride up Alp Duez etc. Keeps it interesting I guess.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • bigstink
    bigstink Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat as you Jaggy. Seems like its back to square one after a trip.
    I normally put the bike on random and try to keep going till the "seat" kills my a*se. Not very scientific though.
  • JAGGY
    JAGGY Posts: 167
    Hi bigstink

Thanks for the reply. I'm alternating between the hill intervals and manual. Very boring.

I've suggested a road bike and rollers to the oil company but they are tight as a you know what. Your right about excercise bike seats. Why can't they make them like normal seats.

Surely someone must have routines etc for what they do offshore?