RPCC Ride - Sat 18th / Sun 19th April

13»

Comments

• Hi - apologies for not turning up on Sat. I did try my best, was prob running 5 mins late and was almost at the meeting point in RP and got a blinking flat! Did my fastest change but only got to the meeting point at 20 past. Then spent the next hour motoring along the usual route, but you guys must have been flying or took a different route. Once I hit Shere I gave up knackered but still ended up doing a good ride.

Will get someones mobile number next time me thinks...
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Hey Fuji,

We waited until quarter past for you, then left. Unlucky with the puncture though, we weren't hammering anything so you must have taken a slightly different route to us, we left through ham gate if that explains anything?

Anyways the mobile number is a good idea, better luck next time :( Glad you got a decent ride out of it though.

Well done to the nutcases who decided 150km of hills was a good idea :shock: And the 7:30 start too :shock: That's manly. I was still in bed :lol:

Anybody fancy a ride down to the coast and back next weekend? I know Rich mentioned it but would prefer to do the Surrey Massacre instead (170km of surrey hills? Or a few km more but relatively flatter? Surely going down the coast is easier?) I dunno, I'm up for it though. If we got a big group going it could be awesome fun :D
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Could be keen for a capital to coast, as long as its a high speed rouler-fest. Oh and also I need someone to buy me an ice cream and a stick of rock at the end.

I was just looking at my Garmin data from the ride Myk-ee - that was some ride, but more hardness needed for the dartmoor classic. I might have to do that a few more times just to HTFU enough (in the words of Chopper Reid) to manage a quick time :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    felgen wrote:
    Could be keen for a capital to coast, as long as its a high speed rouler-fest. Oh and also I need someone to buy me an ice cream and a stick of rock at the end
    But he said capital to coast to capital James, so the end will be in London - why would you want a stick of rock when you get back here?! :P

I could be up for a capital-coast-capital effort this coming weekend but not sure what my strength will be like after nearly 2 weeks off the bike by then! :shock:

I think a Surrey Hills sufferfest is more likely for me - happy to push the distance up a bit if need be as it's definitely do me good to get a 100 miler in :twisted:

I'll get a new thread started...
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    New thread up & running, but please read carefully guys - I'm gunning for a big one!! :twisted: