RPCC Ride - Sat 18th / Sun 19th April

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Sorry folks, been a bit slack getting this one kicked off! :roll:

Once again it's all down to you this weekend - my road wheels have gone away for a fettle and my MTB will be built by the weekend so I'm off to Swinley Forest to give that a shake-down ride 8)

So, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am is most likely on whichever day is favoured (or both days, if you're feeling up to it!) :arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building :arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph
usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
Once again I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! And ladies don't forget you're more than welcome too! A few newbies have been along in recent weeks and had a great time! :D

A 'collection point' is usually arranged at Hampton Court as that tends to be our route out. All I would ask is that you're there by 9:30am as there won't normally be any hanging around - it's literally just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again. That said there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for folk to be running a little late coming through (and apologies in advance if that turns out to be the case)! :roll: :lol:

So, who is about and when? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    no can do ,off to wales and doin a recce on the dragon ride and the climb of the good old bwlch !!!!! Or more commonly known as the bitch !

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • I'll be out - probably Saturday morning

If anyone wants to save me from laps of RP I'd definitely be interested in a ride down to the Surrey Hills
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Dudes and doodets...let's keep RPCC going! I am keen for a ride, but if there are no takers I am going to do the 'Mo rides both days.

Felgen?
    Phips?
    Chris?
    Al?
    Mykeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Stag do for me this weekend Berns.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I might be around Sunday for a spin, Saturday is not likely.

Can confirm Saturday afternoon.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    phips wrote:
    Crikey, it is going to be a quiet one.

I'm undecided as yet - I'm waiting to see what Mal is planning on doing. We talked about doing a Fred recce this weekend. Failing that, I'll do a 'Mos ride on Sunday. Might do the Park laps on Saturday too, since I haven't yet.

RPCC ride when all the usual suspects are back from getting drunk/fixing wheels/wearing baggy trousers [myk-ee]?

Hopefully your going to save yourself and legs for next Tuesday night and trip to Little Switzerland Phipsy(should you be around),so i suggest an easy one for you this weekend :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Hi guys I haven't disappeared, I can't make this weekend but I'm there with bells on next weekend.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • I'm possibly in for a Saturday morning ride!
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I dunno yet..... will know later in the week.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Am up for a saturday spin. Come on guys, not many usual suspects out lately :shock:
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Crikey, it is going to be a quiet one.

I'm undecided as yet - I'm waiting to see what Mal is planning on doing. We talked about doing a Fred recce this weekend. Failing that, I'll do a 'Mos ride on Sunday. Might do the Park laps on Saturday too, since I haven't yet.

RPCC ride when all the usual suspects are back from getting drunk/fixing wheels/wearing baggy trousers [myk-ee]?

Hopefully your going to save yourself and legs for next Tuesday night and trip to Little Switzerland Phipsy(should you be around),so i suggest an easy one for you this weekend :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mykee mind if I join you guys on Tuesday? I live round there. What time are you guys heading that way? And where do you meet?

Phips, probably keen on the Mo ride on Saturday. Weather forecast looks like to be crap and I don't want to be swimming in puddles Emu style at Coldharbour.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Bernsy,phipsy is undecided yet,but you are more than welcome,where do you live? i live in Boringwood and so will venture out from here ,i shall be working Tuesday during the day and so if you dont feel like cycling up here (phipsy does !!1 :shock: ) i can pick you up

let us know

• homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Count me in if something's going on Saturday. Sunday's a no-no, alas.
  • homercles, fuji, chris - looks like there might be four of us for Saturday

I'll be swinging past Richmond Gate at 9 and getting to Hampton Court at 9:30 - who is going to be joing where?

I'm looking to do around 50-60 miles - any thoughts on route and cafe stops?

Any other takers?
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    I'll come to RP for a change. :)

See you there at 9.

There might be plans by my parents to go and see some relatives on saturday morning, I'm not really sure what's happening since my parents are abroad atm, if I'm not there by 9:05 don't bother waiting. But I'll post again here soon to let you know.
  • I'm 90% sure I'm in for saturday at 9 at Richmond gate - but if I'm not there by 9:15 leave without me as it depends whether the night before is a mess!
    50-60 miles would be perfect for me :-)
  • homercles
    I'm all about 9am at RP. 50-60 miles sounds perfect as I've been feeling a bit rundown this week.

Route: out to HC via Bushey Park, Esher/ Cobham, then Ockham, Shere, Ranmore area (possible loop at this bit), then Box and run home? My tuppence worth...
  • Berns12
    homercles wrote:
    I'm all about 9am at RP. 50-60 miles sounds perfect as I've been feeling a bit rundown this week.

Route: out to HC via Bushey Park, Esher/ Cobham, then Ockham, Shere, Ranmore area (possible loop at this bit), then Box and run home? My tuppence worth...

Short and sweet. I aml happy with this if the weather gods are kind. I don't want to do the backroads if it is raining. Otherwise if there is poor weather I will do laps with Dynamo, although with rain not sure which is the lesser of the two evils in the event of rain: Fast laps with Mo or cracks and bumps in Surrey.
  • felgen
    Hi chaps,

Still don't know what I am doing, but I was popping a few quick laps out in the park before it started to rain this evening and bumped into a Spanish guy called Miguel. He sat on my wheel for a 19 minuter, so I think he will be more than up to speed. Anyway he is keen to come along, and he rides a red and white Wilier Izoard. I will let him know that there is a ride happening at 9am Saturday.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    Put my name down for Saturday as well :)
    Thanks
    Ryan
  • felgen
    So, it looks like

Fuji
    Berns
    Chris
    Ryan
    Bongolian
    Lucy (hangover permitting)
    Homercles
    Migster (newbie) - dont be fooled, he can hoon!

Thats 8 - not a bad roll-call so far
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Berns12
    felgen wrote:
    So, it looks like

Fuji
    Berns
    Chris
    Ryan
    Bongolian
    Lucy (hangover permitting)
    Homercles
    Migster (newbie) - dont be fooled, he can hoon!

Thats 8 - not a bad roll-call so far

Also I should add I am Garmin-less so hopefully someone else will have one or at least know the way! See y'all tomorrow
  • balmain
    balmain Posts: 6
    Enjoyed the last one ,so hoping to join as well if there is no aftermath from tonight's outing. Aiming for the Richmond Park meet, but will post early if I'm out.

Des
  • homercles
    I vaguely know where I'm going.

So don't make any plans for Saturday night*.

* - Don't panic, phone has GPS, etc!
  • See you guys down at RP at 9 bells.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    You can also count me in for tomorrow.

9h00 at Richmond Gate.

Hope I can keep up with the pace...
  • felgen
    wont be there. have a good ride :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB