Comments

• voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Will be there too....see you then!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • cc10
    cc10 Posts: 38
    Will anyone be heading out on Sat still? If not I'll try and make it out of bed in time for tomorrow..

Good luck Rich! - and cheers for the other day :)
  • voxegam
    Would be nice to have 4 of us CC10....hope you make it....you know it'll be worth getting up for :lol:

Oh yeh, and Good Luck Rich...Hope you have a good one...and remember to enjoy the climbs - the best bit of cycling really...
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    4 would make a nice group of us today! But more would be better :) Come on you lot, if you're already awake, you can make it to Hampton Court for 9:30. Make use of your morning :lol:

See you all there. 8)
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Thanks for a great ride guys, not sure my bike has ever looked as clean as it does after all that rain!
  • Petromyzon
    PS If the friendly lady we met on the way round did decide to come and check this out looking for riding groups, all the threads labelled RPCC are a group of riders with a spread of abilities who ride out from Richmond Park in to the hills at the weekends, normally led by Rich_Ti. Do come join!
  • voxegam
    Yeh, good ride today....only for the hardcore :lol: Despite the constant rain, was good fun....looking forward to giving Box Hill another shot in the coming week.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • chrisw28
    Yep, my shoes got a nice clean aswell! A funny looking group of skinny nerds we had this morning! :lol:

The wind and rain really takes it out of you though, I'm tired already. See you two on sunday, I have a feeling I'm gonna need to use that backup. :shock:

Tra! :lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    voxegam,

planning a ride on wedsnesday.and you chrisw and poss Art V can have a battle royale up box hill

what do you think ?

me,ill just follow a few mins later !!!

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • chrisw28
    Me vs voxegam and vandelay?

Uh oh. :oops:
  • voxegam
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Yep, my shoes got a nice clean aswell! A funny looking group of skinny nerds we had this morning! :lol:

The wind and rain really takes it out of you though, I'm tired already. See you two on sunday, I have a feeling I'm gonna need to use that backup. :shock:

Tra! :lol:

"Skinny Nerd"??? Speak for yourself....I was looking cool and euro :lol:

I gotta agree with the tiredness....I didnt think the ride was that fast or taxing, but now, my legs are proper knackered and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. I think the rain and just being wet really takes it out of you....I guess your body must use up huge amounts of energy staying warm.

"Taraaa, love"....Quote of the day
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Petromyzon
    re: the nerd comment, I've always found that pretty difficult to dodge, I was practically dribbling when Phips bought along his powermeter 8)
    The "taraaa" was a work of genius, mad quote. After this morning's discussions I am plotting to Euro-up my style *significantly*. Watch out Westhumble, Euro-T is coming :lol::lol: I'm assuming you've all studied this?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14734316
  • chrisw28
    Admit it, we're not exactly hunky, muscular, jocks are we? :D Well, maybe voxegam who gets girls at his uni to shave his legs for him :wink:

With regards to the "tara" comment, I admit, that was pure genius and was done TOTALLY to amuse you both. It wasn't me just being a batty like Tom said....

:lol:
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    I had a small accident at work today and dropped some "heavy" shelving on my foot . . . . it bloody hurt! At the end of the day I cycled home but was in agony so i'm not sure if i'm going to be okay for tomorrow, so count me out - Sorry. :cry:

I'll see how i'm doing tomorrow and see if I can make it out on Sunday - is anyone going out then?

Ryan
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Ryan,

Myself and fuji mackers are heading out sunday pm ,fuji is going to confirm sunday morning,icant vouch for the rest of the mob,but weather looks much better than tomorroew

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    RC21 wrote:
    I had a small accident at work today and dropped some "heavy" shelving on my foot . . . . it bloody hurt! At the end of the day I cycled home but was in agony so i'm not sure if i'm going to be okay for tomorrow, so count me out - Sorry. :cry:

I'll see how i'm doing tomorrow and see if I can make it out on Sunday - is anyone going out then?

Ryan

Oh no.. disaster - if it makes you feel better I am just about to lose a toenail after dropping something on ione of my toes back at the end of february. and yeah it hurt for a few days - I was limping at work. I wont be out -riding tomorrow. I am going (bike -related) shopping tomorrow - as I said elsewhere, bought performance is very satisfying, but the long and the short of it is that my current cheapie cycling shoes are so excruciatingly painful after making a concerted effort I really need some decent ones. Thats what I am off to buy. Those who get some riding in - good effort.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    Ah, I may well see you tomorrow then felgen....I will be in Kingston perusing the various bike shops to try and get some new shoes.....in euro white of course :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • felgen
    voxegam wrote:
    Ah, I may well see you tomorrow then felgen....I will be in Kingston perusing the various bike shops to try and get some new shoes.....in euro white of course :lol:
    Ah, but I am off to south London mecca - Geoffrey Butler, and yes I have pre selected a pair in euro white also. I wil.l see about euro-compliant cycling clothing, and a cap of course :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Petromyzon
    Remember guys, shopping is a style minefield. To simplify matters, just ask yourself: "What would Mario do?"

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.ns ... po2-008000
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    Myself and fuji mackers are heading out sunday pm ,fuji is going to confirm sunday morning,icant vouch for the rest of the mob,but weather looks much better than tomorroew

I got called in to work last night as the company was having network issues . . . . I had a late one and have only just got up. I don't think the toe is going to make a couple of hours on the bike so am going to bail on this afternoons ride guys - thanks for the offer though.

I can't believe i'm not going to get out on the bike this weekend at all as i'm working tomorrow as well :( Is anyone going out in the week? I'm going to try and clock off early one day and do some laps of RP; probably Wednesday. . . .

Felgen and voxegam – did you get some new shoes?

Ryan
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    RC21 wrote:

I got called in to work last night as the company was having network issues . . . . I had a late one and have only just got up. I don't think the toe is going to make a couple of hours on the bike so am going to bail on this afternoons ride guys - thanks for the offer though.

I can't believe i'm not going to get out on the bike this weekend at all as i'm working tomorrow as well :( Is anyone going out in the week? I'm going to try and clock off early one day and do some laps of RP; probably Wednesday. . . .

Felgen and voxegam – did you get some new shoes?

Ryan

ride aint going to happen,weather is rubbish and i am still tired after finishing work at 2am

i also know the feeling about not getting out on the bike,worked all day friday and yesterday and tomorrow(interspersed with football :wink: )very frustrating !! as for today its house cleaning and getting rid of dust(circa 2001 :P )

Ryan,it looks like there will be a ride out Wednesday morning if interesred

there is a planned ride on Wednesday Morning,myself & chrisW and poss Art V will let you know

• chrisw28
    ride aint going to happen,weather is rubbish and i am still tired after finishing work at 2am

Eh?! What happened to being a hardman :lol: I got back about 20 minutes ago absolutely covered in mud, completely numb feet, legs like marshmallows! (Although now, I admit, I shall spend the rest of the afternoon cuddled up on the sofa infront of the telly). :lol:

I'm not hungry either....probably because I've eaten so much manure from everybodys back wheels :shock:

Good ride to James and Tom, not nice weather but an awesome ride nonetheless.....James is still flying! Absolute nutter :shock:
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Hey head north we've got the weather up in Yorkshire. Thirsk 09.00 Monday 80 miles and a shed load of hills :lol:
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Petromyzon
    Yes, good ride Chris and James, thanks very much for coming out. I concur that James is super strong. I'm off to find a live stream of Paris Roubaix so I can see what being Euro-hard really is.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    chrisw28 wrote:
    I got back about 20 minutes ago absolutely covered in mud, completely numb feet, legs like marshmallows! (Although now, I admit, I shall spend the rest of the afternoon cuddled up on the sofa infront of the telly). :lol:

I'm not hungry either....probably because I've eaten so much manure from everybodys back wheels :shock:

was that the Kingston Wheeler training pace ride Chris :wink: or was iTt just the 3 of you :?: :wink: :roll:

anyway 9am Wednesday ,Laithwaites BE THERE !!!!!

• voxegam
    Yeh, good ride today....re. my "strength"....must be all those bicep pumps I've been doing :lol:
    To whoever asked, didn't end up getting any shoes, evans had a shit stock as usual, and sigma sport have decided to stop doing Sidis and only specialized and northwave, which all look a tad dull.

Anyone up for a ride tomorrow, weather looks not bad....I'd be up for a gentleish spin.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
  • voxegam
    Was fun then I take it? You back yet then Rich?
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • felgen
    No shopping for me (yet!) I did 8 laps of the park today - which was quite nice, but I am now watching the Paris Roubaix I recorded - annoyingly I just saw who won when I logged on to Bikeradar oh well, I will watch it unfold.....
    p.s. good riding.

p.p.s. whos planning a ride tomorrrow? I will come if its a hoon, none of this nancy-paced malarkey. 20+mph avg...?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2009
    voxegam wrote:
    Was fun then I take it? You back yet then Rich?
    That was supposed to say "Hardknott is my b1tch" :twisted:

Driving back in my wagon tomorrow - good 3 days of solid riding, most of the Fred route checked out, Hardknott cleaned and Wrynrose got a right good spanking.

We simply MUST sort an RPCC Lakes trip.

Glad to hear some riding has carried on this weekend - I understand the weather back home hasn't been quite as glorious as it has been here?! :lol: