Men in tights

124»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I can then tumble dry the top and trousers and hang the cycle shorts near the radiator and have dry clothes for the following day :-)

Given how quick lycra and clothing with lycra in it drys aren't you just using unnecessary electricity (money). All my cycle clothing drys in about the same time. I air dry everything.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    JonGinge wrote:
    Actually probably TMI but I wash before putting on my lycra

Well, some of us shower before AND after (call me mr Clean) :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Actually probably TMI but I wash before putting on my lycra

Well, some of us shower before AND after (call me mr Clean) :wink:
    The after went without saying... or so I thought
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Bibs are brilliant. I love them. However, if I'm out of an evening, I often wear bibshorts under a dress, which makes going to the loo a long and annoying process!

Personally I think bibs are more fun than they are billiant. They also look superhero silly. Still I like the support it gives my bum...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I can then tumble dry the top and trousers and hang the cycle shorts near the radiator and have dry clothes for the following day :-)

Given how quick lycra and clothing with lycra in it drys aren't you just using unnecessary electricity (money). All my cycle clothing drys in about the same time. I air dry everything.

These are cycle specific clothing, one is a long sleeved thermal top from George and the other is a pair of combat style lightish fabric trousers. I'd never dream of putting the lycra in the tumble drier, but as we have a nigh on constant supply of wet clothing in an effort to keep on top of the mountain of washing, the tumble dyer is on most evenings so I just sling em in then!

Also there's nothing quite like warm cycle shorts on a cold morning :shock:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    biondino wrote:
    Sara, the not wearing underwear thing is to do with comfort - pants have seams in places that chafe bits, and while it's probably fine on a short commute, you don't want to go on longer rides with them!

mmmm thinks :idea:

Is there a gap in the market for spray on underwear.... :?:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • snellgrove
    snellgrove Posts: 171
    itboffin wrote:
    Is there a gap in the market for spray on underwear.... :?:

Aerosol?! Would be a little on the chilly side wouldn't it! :P

Dehumifier sorts out wet clothes if it rains or washing. Uses about as much juice as a big TV I suppose (550W on full-pelt) - stick it on a timer for 4hrs. Gets stuff really really dry, pretty quick :)

lost_in_thought - why do you wear bibshorts uner dresses, any particular reason?!
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    a fellow poole person :D:D

Poole is great :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I can't believe all the wimmins secrets coming out in this thread.... :shock:

It's a complete eye opener I can tell you! :D

Oh, and why has no one mentioned:

robinhoodandhismerrymen.jpg

Lets all start working out who is who? :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • snellgrove
    snellgrove Posts: 171
    doog442 wrote:

Aha, was wondering if anyone local to me used this 'ere site - Seen quite a few people commuting lately, but hardly anyone uses my particular route for some reason, so no real chance to play SCR :cry:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    snellgrove wrote:
    lost_in_thought - why do you wear bibshorts uner dresses, any particular reason?!

When I'm out on the town, want to look nice, and plan to cycle home! Means I don't have to carry too much stuff with me, cycling in a dress without shorts underneath is a tad, erm, flamboyant, rather like going out drinking in a set of bibshorts!
  • Throlkim
    Throlkim Posts: 94
    I can't believe all the wimmins secrets coming out in this thread.... :shock:

It's a complete eye opener I can tell you! :D

Oh, and why has no one mentioned:

robinhoodandhismerrymen.jpg

Lets all start working out who is who? :D

We're men, we're men in tights.
    Tight tights!
    Always on guard defending the people's rights
    When you're in a fix just call for the men in tights!
    We're butch!

:lol:
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    snellgrove wrote:
    doog442 wrote:

Aha, was wondering if anyone local to me used this 'ere site - Seen quite a few people commuting lately, but hardly anyone uses my particular route for some reason, so no real chance to play SCR :cry:

travel from Poole to Ferndown.....every one is against me as they are all going into town....only people for a decent SCR are flight refuelling...8am shift