Men in tights

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    GTV Lusso, get with the times, THAT Captain America (Steve Rogers) is dead.

I have the comic where he dies, i was very annoyed and upset.

The new Captain America (Bucky - yeah I know) looks like this:

captainamerica2.jpg

You could realistically where bib tights and have a American flag motif jersey on the top.

If I could find a spider logo black and white jersey that would be awesome.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    biondino wrote:
    Sara, the not wearing underwear thing is to do with comfort - pants have seams in places that chafe bits, and while it's probably fine on a short commute, you don't want to go on longer rides with them!

Underwear is bad, mmmmkay? Well, on a bike anyway. If I think 'ahhhh shucks I can't be bothered to change' I usually regret it, even over a short ride.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Captain America...dead!!!! Has anyone told Obama?!?!?!?!?!

On the flipside - never wear pants under a rowing lycra.....get a full show of pant sock! At least you have a "modesty" pad in cycling lycra!
  • DonDaddyD
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Captain America...dead!!!! Has anyone told Obama?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, after a school was destroyed in America the government ordered all superheroes to register their idetities to the US and agree to serve the US with their powers. Captain America argued that, amongst other things, it would empower the Government to dictate who the bad guys were and refused. After surrendering at the end of the Marvel (superhero) Civil War, which Captain America led the anit registration forces he was arrested, presumably as a traitor. He was assassinated on the way to his trial.

Needless to say I was bitter and enraged and went on an almighty comic book rant.

Batman (Bruce Wayne) is dead as well.

On the
    flipside - never wear pants under a rowing lycra.....get a full show of pant sock! At least you have a "modesty" pad in cycling lycra!

Don't wear underwear the chaffing can make parts of the thighs really raw and that type of surface skin abrasion though not serious is hugely uncomfortable and takes a while to heal. When I was very young I used to ride in jeans... Ow by the end of the week....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Oh I knooowwww why cycling without undies may be better but for the time being that's one step too far! Maybe one day... The main thing is that an aged workmate has had that conversation with me and now I bet I'll struggle not to let my eyes dart downwards...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • gtvlusso
    Captain America - Commie Smasher......! He did have a short sighted arena of superheroness. Perhaps with the death of the cold war, they neede to clear out the "dead wood".
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    sarajoy wrote:
    The main thing is that an aged workmate has had that conversation with me and now I bet I'll struggle not to let my eyes dart downwards...
    That's probably why he did it. ;)
  • DonDaddyD
    sarajoy wrote:
    Oh I knooowwww why cycling without undies may be better but for the time being that's one step too far! Maybe one day...

This I can understand but if everyone else does it and everyone at the gym does it and when I turned up at my Gran's, with underwear under the lycra and she questioned why? Am I shy? I suppose its acceptible. But it is a mental bridge than needs to be crossed over time. Once you go commando its so liberating... I find...

To be honest as much as I enjoy 'flying free' I don't like wearing just the lycra shorts (its a little too obvious/vulgar for even my tastes. I tend to wear 3/4 lengths or tights under the shorts.

Question, does it really matter women like it would for a man, its not like anyon can see anything and surely amounts to going commando under a pair of trousers.
    Captain America - Commie Smasher......! He did have a short sighted arena of superheroness. Perhaps with the death of the cold war, they neede to clear out the "dead wood".

Personally I thought that Cap had grown to represent the idealism of the American dream and the altruistic superhero in the same way Superman does. The both of them serve as excellent moral compasses.
    Food Chain number = 4

• sarajoy
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest as much as I enjoy 'flying free' I don't like wearing just the lycra shorts (its a little too obvious/vulgar for even my testes.
    Fixed!

Well, it doesn't 'show' as much for women, but, erm, I'd feel like I'd dirtied-up a pair of shorts very quickly if I rode commando, I wouldn't be keen on putting them on again until I'd washed them. So pants for me.

Maybe there's a market for breathable smooooth undies? Silk? :P
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    sarajoy wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest as much as I enjoy 'flying free' I don't like wearing just the lycra shorts (its a little too obvious/vulgar for even my testes.
    Fixed!

Well, it doesn't 'show' as much for women, but, erm, I'd feel like I'd dirtied-up a pair of shorts very quickly if I rode commando, I wouldn't be keen on putting them on again until I'd washed them. So pants for me.

Yeah, going commando mandates a one use, one wash policy and giving wiggle free access to your bank account ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    sarajoy wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Fixed!

Also think how much you're likely to sweat in them after one day's ride... going commando isn't going to dirty them up that much more.

That's why you've got to have at least 5 pairs (1 foreach working day)....
    Food Chain number = 4

• gtvlusso
    I got cheapie ones from Halfords (bicycle line) range - £8 each I think. I can manage 100 miles in them, so I am happy!! Wear DHB's if I am going any further though!
  • sarajoy
    Well because I can't yet afford to have a daily pair, knickers it is..!
  • gtvlusso
    sarajoy wrote:

I thought you "young un's" opted for thongs now?! All I see in my office....:-)

I keep getting in at 8am, working until about 11:30am and then showering before lunch....not good for my (or my colleagues) environment.......!
  • DonDaddyD
    OK they're for men but I'm sure women can wear them as well...

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Ranges/ ... horts.aspx

Really, black lycra shorts have no specific shape (to my knowledge) as stretch to the shape/size of the person wearing them. So technically at this level/price range surely they're unisex...

Same with the jerseys (if you aren't that big up top.... think women wearing mens football shirts. Mmmmmmmmmmm 8)
    Food Chain number = 4

• jonginge
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Really, black lycra shorts have no specific shape (to my knowledge) as stretch to the shape/size of the person wearing them. So technically at this level/price range surely they're unisex...

Same with the jerseys (if you aren't that big up top.... think women wearing mens football shirts. Mmmmmmmmmmm 8)
    The pads are usually gender specific. Some brands do a better job at that than others... There's a shorts/bibshorts group test in this month's C+
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's the pads, innit.

Now, DDD, it's time for us to have a little talk. See, lady-bits are not the same shape as man-bits... I'll let you take that in. :lol:

And if the lady in question has a shapely bum, the men's shorts won't have room for it...

Yes, women can wear men's jerseys, but they ain't comfy and never fit me right. You have to be kind of, well, man-shaped!
  • sarajoy
    I realise a lot of you are quite free with your spending for cycling - as would I like to be (hence I keep enquiring about saddles and tyres and such as I love a bit of online window-shopping) - but I'm not actually in the greatest stead to splash the cash at the moment...

I'm quite happy in my knockers - I very much accept I may be comfier without them - but I'm going 8 miles, not 25...!

I may consider losing them when going on the Brizzle-Bath run with a friend next weekend, but even then we plan to bimble our way along it, so no hard riding here...
  • sarajoy
    Hahahaha, I mean knickers...

And indeed DDD, they might all go on and look alright, but they'll feel tight and odd in funny places - not nice..!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Other day was parked up at gateway after a long ride and bus went past and a girl was blatantly looking from the back of the bus, when I turned and looked she swiftly turned her head away.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:

I'll keep my eyes open for a girl cycling in her knickers sans shorts :lol: Did you nobble the council engineers on their inspection of Conniston road/Waterside Drive? Ride upto them wearing you knickers and they'll surely make a special lane for you.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gtvlusso
    Sarajoy - I have a couple of spare saddles in my shed, if you'd like to have them! I am never gonna use them - one is very comfy, the other is a racing razor blade. PM me if you want them.....
  • DonDaddyD
    edited April 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's the pads, innit.

Now, DDD, it's time for us to have a little talk. See, lady-bits are not the same shape as man-bits... I'll let you take that in. :lol:

And if the lady in question has a shapely bum, the men's shorts won't have room for it...

Yes, women can wear men's jerseys, but they ain't comfy and never fit me right. You have to be kind of, well, man-shaped!

My logic behind the jerseys was that most men's jersey's don't fit me right because of my moobs and I seem to make do..... :oops: Of course if your packing 'bahwowzer boobs' then yeah maybe you need more women specific clothing but if you don't have big boobs then surely the upper lady continents supported within a sports bra covered by man jersey would suffice?

As for the pads.. are they really that different I haven't had the pleasure of looking inside lady lycra shorts/tights.... Besides my bum bums fat and I don't have any problems... (not saying that your bum bum or any lady bums on this site are fat...)
    Food Chain number = 4

• sarajoy
    Well men's jerseys will also have wider backs, the bottoms of them will ride up as they won't expect the ladies hips, and generally - well, it'd /do/ but don't see why I should have to make do...

...hang on, have we crossed threads here...
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My logic behind the jerseys was that most men's jersey's don't fit me right because of my moobs and I seem to make do..... :oops: Of course if your packing 'bahwowzer boobs' then yeah maybe you need more women specific clothing but if you don't then surely a the upper lady continents supported by a sports bra covered by man jersey would suffice?

As for the pads.. are they really that different I've had the pleasure of looking inside lady lycra shorts/tights.... My bum bums fat I don't have any problems... (not saying that your bum bum or any lady bums on this site are fat...)

Thing is, they're also pretty well v-shaped, don't allow for our girly hips. And, TBH, I have one men's LS jersey that does fit me-ish, but it's pretty damn baggy in order to accommodate the chest and bum. I prefer the girl's ones!

And yes, having accidentally bought men's shorts once they are that different.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    JonGinge wrote:

Yeah, going commando mandates a one use, one wash policy and giving wiggle free access to your bank account ;)[/quote]

Contractor's wash will solve the problem of "claggy" lycra's. Simply keep them on in the shower for a bit, plonk them on the nearest radiator, lemon-fresh gusset for the next day. Obviously a weekly "proper" wash is probably recommended for those "stubborn under stains".
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I've never tried wearing cycle shorts WITH something underneath........which is part of the reason I was so peeved when a set of mine went missing once from the communal shower room at work, I mean who on earth would wear someone else's shorts!!!!!

Anyhow to combat this I have a couple of pairs of shorts and can usually use them on rotation (although the pad in the Halfords pair is coming away......need a new set!!!), but since we upgraded our washing machine to something more suitable to dealing with the laundry that 5 kids and 2 adults generate we gained a rather handy 15 minute quick wash, with options for 30 or 45. Now my usual evening routine is to get in, strip off and sling all the cycling gear in for a 15 or 30 minute wash. I can then tumble dry the top and trousers and hang the cycle shorts near the radiator and have dry clothes for the following day :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    sarajoy wrote:
    Well men's jerseys will also have wider backs, the bottoms of them will ride up as they won't expect the ladies hips, and generally - well, it'd /do/ but don't see why I should have to make do...

Yes we have, lets get back to how sexy I feel in tights and how women like to oogle me.... :shock:

On a seperate but similar subject bibs, tights and lycra may feel and look sexy but they're not practical (especially bibs) when trying to take them off in a hury/passion...
    Food Chain number = 4

• jonginge
    edited April 2009
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Contractor's wash will solve the problem of "claggy" lycra's. Simply keep them on in the shower for a bit, plonk them on the nearest radiator, lemon-fresh gusset for the next day. Obviously a weekly "proper" wash is probably recommended for those "stubborn under stains".
    Ew. Actually probably TMI but I wash before putting on my lycra
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Yes we have, lets get back to how sexy I feel in tights and how women like to oogle me.... :shock:

On a seperate but similar subject bibs, tights and lycra may feel and look sexy but they're not practical (especially bibs) when trying to take them off in a hury/passion...

Bibs are brilliant. I love them. However, if I'm out of an evening, I often wear bibshorts under a dress, which makes going to the loo a long and annoying process!