Wh owants to oose a stone by March Week 12 Mar 25th - 31st

davidmiller
davidmiller Posts: 320
Whoever starts this post next week should change the name - how about who wants to loose a stone by august???

OK so start weight 89.1 Kg, last week 85.5 Kg, weds morn 85.8 Kg.

Urm. guess what, not enough riding and too much food. Two girls B'day's in the house meant I hung around for the card-opening ceremony then was too late to cycle to work. Also 2 x big cakes and loads of other junk.

Had another fall this week too. Nothing for 20 years (most of them not riding though) and then two in a month!! This was on, or off, the MTB off-road. Really bashed up my leg so I'm too sore to ride just now.

That's a shame as my new ride2work bike arrived today (it's a MTB - sorry - I'm turning to the dark side!!).

Let's hear your confessions or otherwise!!

DM

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's all a bit skewiff now I've broken my leg. The metalwork has increased my weight. The muscle wasteage has decreased it. I'm probably about the same...
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Sorry to hear about the problems guys - ouch!

I lost 1.1 pounds last week, bringing my total this year to 9.4 pounds, or 11.6 pounds since Christmas. Here's my latest progress report and OJ-ometer update.

I'm about 25% of the way to my final target which isn't a stone by the end of March, but about 3 stone by July.

It will take an average loss of about 2 pounds a week from now on to achieve my target. That will be really difficult, but I'll see what I can do.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    start 93kg
    last week 84kg
    this week (monday) 84.2kg

this morning 83.7kg

I'm supposed to be carb loading for the Cheshire Cat tomorrow - I AM carb loading and yet I have lost weight in last few days. I've eaten loads!
  • meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    Popette,
    10 percent weight loss..
    I'm a bit behind my target.. was 104 Kg before Christmas, but hit 95Kg on Friday. should be 92 but had a few wayard weeks. however 2 x 70 mile plus spins between yesterday and today should have shifted a few more ounces. . Got all 4 seasons yesterday, Hail, Rain, Sleet, Snow, Gales and then in the Lee of the wind baked in the sunshine going up a 10 percent ave 3K climb. Mind you put my name down for the Marmotte last week so plenty more Kilos to lose.
    Best of luck with the plans everyone.
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Stayed the same this week, 106lbs, but am doing a lot of work in the gym. Three spin sessions a week (at 7am before work, what am I doing??? :shock: :shock: ), as well as cardio sessions and resistance sessions, so am not overly concerned.

The real bike work starts this weekend, with extended road rides starting as well as rides on an evening, (I love light nights).
  • ColinJ
    TonyW43 wrote:
    Stayed the same this week, 106lbs, but am doing a lot of work in the gym.
    You either lost a heck of a lot of weight the week before, or you probably meant 196 lbs! :wink:
  • ColinJ
    I haven't lost a huge amount of weight (I've nearly achieved that stone now) but the inches are dropping off my waist.

This picture shows me pulling the tape measure tight to my original waist measurement.

smaller_waist_demo.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with that, though I've still got over two stone to go...
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    :oops: oops, yeah I meant 196lbs