Right leg more tired

blaz
blaz Posts: 24
Hallo!
I have this problem:
I've been cycling for two seasons now. I am 20 years old. When I started to train for this year's season I noticed that after intensive training my right leg is more tired than my left one. First I 'vetought the problem derives from the setup of my cleats but I found out that this is not the case.
I was doing some weight training in the gym during winter but I was always doing exercises for both legs with same intensity (same weight, same number of repetitions).

When I come from a long and intensive ride (specially when doing power intervals) muscles on the right leg I noticeably more tired. Even when I go up the stairs I feel the right one more.

I really don't now what could be wrong?

Anyone with same experiance? Anyone that could help me?!?!

Thanks,
Blaž

Comments

• No expert but did have a problem with left leg after a few training races.Was ok when just riding but when work intensified for the 40 ml race spins left leg very sore + tired.
    Club coach recommended recheck of saddle height. And he was right when I checked it had dropped a few ml.Put it back up to the correct mark and things back to normal
    Go neiri on bothar leat.
  • blaz
    blaz Posts: 24
    Tnx for the advice.
    Tried that but the problem persists. Maybe lowering the saddle could be a solution? :?:
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Got this in the left leg.

I have it when off the saddle too, so saddle height has nothing to do with it in my case.

Cleats are exactly the same position on both shoes.

:?

Maybe i'm twisting my foot slightly when pedaling with one of the legs...? I need to have a go with those foot straps to see if this is the case, as they will hold the feet still.

I thought for a while it was saddle-related, perhaps I was sat too far left/right but i've ruled it out completely.

It's gone away (slightly) recently so maybe everything's perfect - and the difference was related to the fact that I recently had a right-knee injury and the left leg was working slightly differently in relation to the right one.... Who knows?!