Rockshox 2010

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Having mulled the range over for a while, the most suprising thing for me is the weight of the new Revelations. I assume the quoted weights are for the QR models, and maybe the 140mm version, but still very light - no heavier than a Reba really and only 100g heavier than a SID World Cup!!! If the Revs can be travel adjusted downwards further, I see no point in buying a Reba.

The Recon Trail gets last years Revelation lowers, which were the same as Pike lowers. The Recon XC and Tora XC models look to have the Reba lowers. It seems RS are trying to pull the Recon away from the Tora, as the latter has a dumbed down range this year - no Toras Race, no 318 air - just the one fork with motion control.

Pikes are a bit of a dissapointment. No power bulges, and no BB damping. Will let them down this year.

IMO the weights of the Rev, Reba and SID are just too close. The Reba needs to be what the SID is at the minute to differentiate it from the Rev, and the SID a racers special with perhaps a thinner chassis and sub 1300g.
  • Jeast
    Jeast Posts: 176
    Has anyone managed to figure out the difference between the '09 and '10 Rebas? I've just a
    had my '09 Reba Race replaced with '10 and can't notice any difference!

EDIT* Apart from a slightly different design to the Rebound Adjust knob...
  • It looks like they have too many models that are all pretty similar. Why have a pike air when you could have the rev air which weighs less, unless there is some strength trade off. Are they just catering to the pikey fans (me being one, I love mine) by keeping it in their line up?
  • pikes need better decals and graphics, i need a shout out loud fork not a physics teracher text book
  • supersonic
    Buy a cheap suntour then.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    It looks like they have too many models that are all pretty similar. Why have a pike air when you could have the rev air which weighs less, unless there is some strength trade off. Are they just catering to the pikey fans (me being one, I love mine) by keeping it in their line up?

geometry and handling???

I'm sure there's a valid reason.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • hugh_b
    hugh_b Posts: 93
    i've been using the 2010 revelation 150mm race maxle forks for a few weeks now and i love them! They feel very similar to my 09 revs but obdviously much lighter (they do actually weight what their meant to!), better looking and have more travel! Unlike other brands they do get the full 150mm travel.
    All in all i can thorougly reccomend them, especially at the price rutlands are doing them at!
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I must be jinxed, within 2 months of buying my new bike Marin drop the 'WolfRidge' Name and RS drop Pikes, I can almost feel the resale value dropping....
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • hugh_b
    The pikes haven't been dropped, they are on the 2010 sram website!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    hugh_b wrote:

disagree here i am afraid they look wicked the way they are. stand out just fine. IMHO
  • hugh_b
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    hugh_b wrote:

disagree here i am afraid they look wicked the way they are. stand out just fine. IMHO

I assume you were reffering to my previous comment? Don't get me wrong, they looked ace before but personally i do prefer the look of the new ones, probably because of the white crown! :oops:
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    yer lol it was the coment before.

not looked at the new ones but the set i have look the nuts mate proper tramp look. but that the look i like even new they have that drty look about them lol
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I think they'll have to admit sooner or later that their range is a mess, maybe create some new divisions (ie, Pikes might be coil, Revs air, since otherwise they fill the same niche pretty much), either that or can some models. And I'm looking at you here Pikes.
    flamedude wrote:
    Does anyone know if Rock Shox have fixed the rebound adjustment nobs falling out?

Nope, first ride of my 09 Revs, adjuster dropped out. And they're maxle ones so I can't get the lever under the adjuster. Ah well. I'll keep it in the toolbox, how often do you want to adjust rebound after all.
    and +1 for please don't forget our beloved Pike. I'd like a coil Uturn one at around 1800gr tyvm

The fork you seek exists, just stick a Pike sticker on a Revelation :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Northwind wrote:
    and +1 for please don't forget our beloved Pike. I'd like a coil Uturn one at around 1800gr tyvm
    The fork you seek exists, just stick a Pike sticker on a Revelation :lol:
    But it won't be coil. :wink:
    And I think 1800gr is mission impossible for a coil fork.

Also, I think they should make a white Pike.
    I know that it comes as OE on some bikes, but you can't buy it separately.
    I've seen a lot of sprayed Pike's in white on Pinkbike.

Some may not agree but this one is an awesome Pike.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2917535
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited October 2009
    Xtreem wrote:
    But it won't be coil. :wink:

2009 coil u-turn rev ;) It's even got pike lowers I think.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • double crown argyles anybody :wink:
  • supersonic
    1800g is easily achieveable for a coil fork, it depends what use of the fork is. My Judy Race 2001 was 3.5lbs with twin coils!

Pikes have sturdier crowns, stanchions and steerer than a rev, and different lowers.

The 2010 Maxle Recon Trails have pike lowers.