supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Have a look here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... ry_state0=

1237360861.jpg

In brief:

- Lyrik gets 170mm of travel
- Sid and Reba new chassis
- Tora and Recon XC series appear to get this years Reba chassis and bolt thru options
- No pikes; but 150mm coil and air Revs.

Cheers to Ian Pinder for the link.

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Looks interesting, i'm not surprised that they've got rid of the pikes, they don't really have space in the lineup any more, but i'd rather they'd kept the name in lieu of revelations, pike is much more burly and hardcore sounding...

I also really like the tarted up red sram, guess what'll be going on my 456/linksey (if i get one) in 2010!!!!!!!
  • supersonic
    I'd have thought they'd keep the pikes too, much for the same reason. This years Pikes are more reinforced than the revelation too. Maybe the Recon is taking its place with the new 140mm option?

Is still a big line up, with a lot of XC forks and the inevitable overlaps.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    FFS we're not even half-way through 2009 yet!!!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • supersonic
    Hang on, I spy Pikes!

8644412373584151237358415.jpg
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Just what I was about to say sonic!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    They could never ditch Pikes, they're almost an Iconic 140mm Trail/larking about fork
  • you seen the new coulours for truvativ NOIR and Sram X0
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    have those pikes got thicker stantions/legs?
  • my word, I remember back when the range was Indy > Judy > Sid or something along those lines!
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    think the pikes will get 160mm this year? Theres gotta have something as an alternative to marzocchi's 55 series (reliability wise) and a 160mm pike would fill the gap nicely .
    Right now I'm wondering if my ransom can take the new sized lyrics . According to the manufacturers , my maximum travel tolerence is 165mm . Would an extra 5mm screw the bike up?
  • supersonic
    Crown axle length? Basic answer: no ;-) Will not screw it up

Is a confusing line up. Some ranges get the power bulge lowers, some are just a trickle down design. I kinda like the latter for the budget ranges - but for 2009, Pikes and 140 revs didn't get the bulge while Rebas and SIDS did, not to mention all the 35 and 40 forks. Seems odd that the heavier duty fork didn't have this tech, almost as if it was forgotten. Tora XC has bulges, and a pike not?!!!

TBH as much as RS try and cater for all, it needs to be chopped down. Maybe not as sparse as Fox, or as utterly confusing as Marzocchi, but forget the model name and produce an encompassing range.

Have an XC fork, trail muncher, AM fork and long travel hucker. SID, Rev, Pike, Lyrik. Have budget versions of them: Reba, Recon, Tora, Domain. Boxxer and Totem cater for the loons.
  • supersonic - couldn't agree more. It's getting nuts trying to figure out which fork for which purpose.

I'm almost a bit annoyed that they don't seem to be improving the Pikes at the same rate as the others. They're truely legendary forks but way too lardy these days. With a rep like they've got they should be forerunners not pushed to the back and forgotten about!

Not too keen on how everything still seems to be going longer travel too....when's it going to stop?!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i know, longer travel is all well and good but folk still have the same bikes as last yr so still need good 100, 120 and 140 forks. i would say rs need to make a 150 fork and i reckon the pike would be the best platform.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    And I think they should make a Solo air Domain, to drop the weight just a little bit.
    2700 always looks better than 2800, without hitting the price. :D
  • xtreem
    A few pictures for those who haven't seen.

Rock Shox Recon 351 Solo Air 140mm 2010
    Intended application: all mountain
    32207.jpg

Rock Shox Recon Race Solo Air 100mm 2010
    32208.jpg

Rock Shox Revelation Team Air U-Turn 120-150mm 2010
    73497.jpg

Rock Shox Totem Coil 2010
    SpeedLube system allows user to change oil without dissembling the fork (this is new wright?)
    Plus it has some kind of graphic on the stanchions.
    73518.jpg
  • Siix
    Siix Posts: 16
    Maybe I should've waited and got the 2010 model of the 2009 bike I've just bought. Those look pretty awesome :(
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Siix wrote:
    Maybe I should've waited and got the 2010 model of the 2009 bike I've just bought. Those look pretty awesome :(
    they are more expensive and the 2009 models are selling cheap right now because of the arrival of the 2010 forks
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    A guy I ride with has been using 2010 150mm Maxle Air Rev's for about a month. They are pretty sweet forks :)
  • supersonic
    Looks like the Recon gets Pike lowers. And crown for that matter.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    that range is way to complicated. why cant they just slim it down abit, and tbh they dont look that nice compared to fox. infact imo i think fox have pretty much got the fork/shock market wraped up, marzocchi are crap atm as are manitou, dt swiss are too expensive and rs just complicate the range. mind you havin said that the blackbox damper is supposed to be superb, the xx lockout is genius, so maybe ill get a set of xx revelations .... if i can get them cheap :?
  • supersonic
    Will have to wait until the final range is published, but yes, is a lot of overlap in the forks.

The Fox simplicity is good - just a few models - see other posts on Fox ;-). they are meant to be limited and premium.
  • xtreem
    Looks like the Recon gets Pike lowers. And crown for that matter.
    Hmmmm.............no need for Pikes then.
    But the 351 is Solo air in 140mm, Pikes will probably be still available in coil version.
  • supersonic
    New forks online at SRAM:

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/

The Rev is no heavier than the reba really in some forms!
  • flamedude
    flamedude Posts: 119
    Does anyone know if Rock Shox have fixed the rebound adjustment nobs falling out?
  • supersonic
    Yeah, years ago! Or see our FAQ for a DIY fix ;-)
  • Seems theres several versions of the worl cup SID,including the xx version.I assume thats the one that is 1400g.

That looks like a lot of extra moeny over the SID team for the sake of 85g!
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    flamedude wrote:
    Does anyone know if Rock Shox have fixed the rebound adjustment nobs falling out?

i just took mine out and carry it in my bag
  • :D

These new Rock Shox look pretty good. I want my shiny new bike now.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Pike air is back....

12 fork ranges with upto 16 (16!!) models in each range making a grand total of 87 different forks? Blimey

and +1 for please don't forget our beloved Pike. I'd like a coil Uturn one at around 1800gr tyvm
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day