Is it too late to get back on form? (or nearly) for June/Jul

jamieh5463
jamieh5463 Posts: 223
I have been off the bike for a while since about Oct/Nov due to injury and winter (have to get some rollers), and i was wondering if it was possible to get back to my full or nearly my full fitness by June or July. I wouldn't say i'm that unfit at the moment but not near my fittest.
cheers Jamie

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    without knowing how 'fit' you were previously and what your fitness targets are for this year, it will be impossible for anyone to answer...
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    I'm going to say yes.

or possibly no.
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I find that it's not a linear process - i.e. 4 months training does not make you twice as strong as 2 months training. So you should get up to a reasonable level rather quickly, but getting all your power back will take a lot longer.

As you train, doubling your fitness levels takes a lot longer. I bet the pro riders got up to 75% of thier current strength within the first 2 years of riding.

It's like when you spend £4000 on a bike - it's not twice as good as a £2000 bike. :wink:
  • stjohnswell
    stjohnswell Posts: 482
    July is still 12 weeks away. You could have 100 hrs of training under your belt by then.