I'm sorry, but can you imagine actually wearing this?

2»

Comments

• Dont be silly. Unless you are a 'pro' signed rider - you shouldnt be in 'pro' kit with that logic.
    agreed entirely. It shows a lack of respect.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    A slightly different way of looking at things, I ride an Audax bike, and have been asked a few times whether I do Audaxes....by the same token if I was to wear polka dots I'd hope to be able to climb hills (no mountains in Surrey last I looked) with some degree of proficiency, best i can do at the mo' is to be able to keep going when others are walking.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Dont be silly. Unless you are a 'pro' signed rider - you shouldnt be in 'pro' kit with that logic.
    agreed entirely. It shows a lack of respect.

I'm pretty sure the sponsors are more than happy with this lack of respect then if it
    a. makes money for them
    b. puts their logos out there.

Do football forums have similar discussions complaining about 10,s of 1000s of fans wearing their teams tops ? :?:

• I'm pretty sure the sponsors are more than happy with this lack of respect then if it
    a. makes money for them
    b. puts their logos out there.

Do football forums have similar discussions complaining about 10,s of 1000s of fans wearing their teams tops ?

oh, absolutely. Always good to make money out of idiots.
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    This sort of thread is another polariser in terms of "You mustn't wear 'specific' jerseys 'cos you haven't earned them" side to the "I wear what I like 'cos its fun and I can" group.
    I go with the fun side. HOWEVER, even I draw the line at this: I want a Robert Millar 'Peugot' White 'n Black jersey, but I won't get one because I am crap at climbing, RM is a personal hero and I don't ride a Peugot... :(

but the jersey is an example of simple class. See Prendas' site.

I like the big-bellied old boys who are always to be seen along the mountain stage routes in the Tours, all wearing polka-dot jerseys, cheering along. :D
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    The KOM and World champs jerseys are often gorgeous, so I reckon aesthetically you're justified in wearing them. Paradoxically, the better a rider you are, the more uncomfortable you'd be wearing one - your slow fat guy could, I reckon, get away with wearing them completely in a way a rider in a cat 3 race totally couldn't.

But ultimately, if others who take themselves too seriously take offence at your clothing, sod'em, they're just snobs :)