Weight: about 31 lbs

Comments

• pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Bike looks cool :D

Did you not send that seat clamp back? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i couldnt be bothered to send it back in the end, i am very lazy.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Why did you swap the fork?
  • Anonymous
    i had to send the bugger back once and since then ive always doubted it, its an amzing fork when it works and im fortunate that it always worked well for me after repair but i was always feling a bit "what if" about it.

t'other reason is that i wanted a new bike after kenya but didnt know what to get and decided instead just to work on the enduro.

ive got some fitting hardware on the way and i will be fitting a dhx 5 to replace the afr this week too.

also i fitted some lovely roval wheels which are mega and brought the weight down loads.
  • SDK2007
    The wheels have been on my wish list for year but loads of other stuff has taken priority :(
  • Anonymous
    they really are a bit of class and i got mine for 360 from freeborn so i reckon they are a decent enough price too.

just sold the old fork on the bay so it reduced the cost of the whole affair a little bit.
  • SDK2007
    ooo, that is a very good price.
    I might have to gather together some funds to get them.

:: EDIT ::

Just noticed that is the Frame Package price :(
  • Anonymous
    no, i thought that too but i got them for 360 and it was the only thing i bought. dunno if it is an error with their system or whatever but the page i looked at claimed it was a frame package price too but like i say, i paid 360.
  • SDK2007
    Just placed an order for the wheels :)
  • Anonymous
    nicely done, they are ace. properly light as well. i really can notice the difference compared to the dt numbers which were on before.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Looks nice. :D
    And I think the Enduro looks better with single crown forks than double.
  • SDK2007
    How long did your wheels take to arrive?
    Did you get an e-mail informing you they had been sent?
  • Anonymous
    mine arrived in about 3 days iirc and i did get an email. i ordered them at the weekend and they were in my house by wednesday
  • SDK2007
    edited March 2009
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Just had this e-mail

Unfortunately we have now sold out of Roval Traversee wheels with no more due into the UK until June 2009.

:cry:
  • SDK2007
    This is really annoying, the next cheapest place that has them in stock is £440 :(:(
  • Anonymous
    what a night mare.

i know how you feel, originally i was getting an sworks enduro frame and forks and they were bought and paid for when i got an email sying the frameset wasnt actually available.

then i decided to buy some wotans but the same happened, bought and paid for and then comes the email informing me they werent available

luckily, i found the lyriks at an amazing price which was a bonus as they were my real first choice.

point is, i hate when stuff gets paid for then is suddenly unavailable. im not sure if i could justify forking out the 440 price, id be more tempted to build some new rims onto the existing hubs.
  • SDK2007
    Ouch, sounds like quite a journey you went though there.

I've ordered the wheels at £440, hopefully they'll be in stock this time.
  • SDK2007
    No place has these wheels in stock so I'm going to have to wait for the re-stock in June.
    Shame because half the summer will be gone by then :(
  • Anonymous
    sounds like i was lucky to get mine when i did, i only ordered them about 2 weeks ago!!
  • Anonymous
    Very nice rig Buddy,
    do you wana swop ya brakes for mine Xtr's :wink:
  • Anonymous
    cheers dudes, im v happy with it. the new shock is very complicated though, i dont really know what everything does yet!!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Why'd you go for a DHX and not a Float?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    cause it looks cool, plus the float wouldnt have been any different to the afr which was fitted originally. to be fair there was nowt wrong with the afr but i couldnt be arsed with the reliability problems i was expecting to arrise.

i figured the dhx would be more hard hitting than an rp or monarch (even though im not a particularly hard hitting rider)
  • fishcake
    fishcake Posts: 107
    Very nice bike mate, I too got some Roval Traversee wheels from Freeborn for £360, in fact I think I got the last set they had. I had rung around 10 different Specialized dealers to find them. So glad I did, they have transformed my Pitch, I think its around 29-30lb now although I dont have any scales so not sure.
    I always wanted an Enduro but with all the fork issues went for the Pitch
    How does it ride with the Lyrik?

IMGP2721.JPG

Fishcake
    You can never have too many bikes!
  • Anonymous
    yeah, you were lucky to get those wheels, there ar literally none left in the country!! shame more folk dont give them a try, very light, very tough and awesome looking, oh yeah, and they come with a lifetime guarantee!!

the lyriks are ace, i really like rock shox forks and much prefer them to fox and these lyriks havent dissapointed. they ride like outstanding xc forks and then when you point in a downward direction they give me loads of confidence and allow me to plow through stuff without noticing it.

the fork is a litlle longer though and the front feels a bit slacker but to be honest, i quite like th way it rides. interestingly enough, when i pack the fork down to 115mm it rides real nice in tighter trails like thetford

in the long run i think its was the smart move to go for the pitch instead of the enduro. the spesh suspenson is amazing, easily as god as the RS and fox as i have replaced it with. but i couldnt trust it and thats why i decided to change it all out. although for the money i spent i could hve bought a very nice extra bike!!
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    that is nice!! and how spesh should have specced it instead of their in house efforts. good build.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Anonymous
    thanks, im really pleased with it. as ive said before, the spesh stuff is outstanding but it just isnt reliable enough and made me not want to ride the bike.

spesh did a good thing to make their own suspension but i think it was unfair of them with their massive R&D budget to release any component on the paying public which wasnt perfect.

its an especial shame seeing as the fox and rockshox alternatives are cheaper to fit and are tried and tested. also they make the bike into something more like the previous enduro incarnation which i believe to be widely regarded as one of the best bikes of all time!!
  • SDK2007
    I've finally got a set of Roval Traversee's and they are awesome; they feel very light.

Quick photo

Roval-Traversee-Wheels-03.jpg
  • Anonymous
    that looks fantastic, i like the new white saddle too. those carbon sl bikes are without question one of the nicest looking bikes ever built.

it must have bought the over all weight down a fair bit?