Cube Ltd Pro - Any thoughts?

2»

Comments

• neonf1
    neonf1 Posts: 13
    npowell28 wrote:
    neonf1 wrote:
    neonf1 wrote:

Get yourself a Hybrid and put some skinny tyres on. I was a big bloke until i lost 2 1/2 stone riding my hybrid to work everyday. Now i'm not quite as big. The bike was fine. 120 psi Continental tyres on it are fine. Seriously, riding a mountain bike that distance on the road might be hard work!

I would loved to of gone for the Ltd Race but the price rise has taken it out of my reach!

Yep I'm starting to lean that way now, so what Hybrid would you or any one else recommend? I know that Cube makes Hybrids and so do Scott but there is a big difference in the price.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    But I've also found one not too far from you, but I can't tell what their range is like

http://www.winkleburycycles.com/#

I know that seems mad, but I work in Basingstoke and am working up there this weekend so might take a look this weekend.

That's where I bought mine from last year, before there were about 4 Cube dealers within about 20 miles of me!

It's a strange little shop but they guy there is very helpful and friendly. He had a fair few Cubes in when I went, including the LTD range. Didn't have any hybrids though but I'm sure he will get one in for you, he got my Reaction in for me to try before I paid anything.
  • npowell28
    npowell28 Posts: 204
    Don't get a GT transeo unless you like cycling a bus. I weighs a tonne. Cube do some good stuff. Just consider your journey. If you want have to hop on an off kerbs then you'll need something a little sturdier.

If it's pretty rural then you can probably get away with drop handle bars. Hybrids are great through the towns as your sitting up a bit more.
    Cube Ltd Pro!

Bianchi C2C via Nirone
  • neonf1
    npowell28 wrote:
    Don't get a GT transeo unless you like cycling a bus. I weighs a tonne. Cube do some good stuff. Just consider your journey. If you want have to hop on an off kerbs then you'll need something a little sturdier.

If it's pretty rural then you can probably get away with drop handle bars. Hybrids are great through the towns as your sitting up a bit more.

Looks like it going to be a Hybrid then. I'll see if can get a feel of one today.
  • Big dave 3
    Big dave 3 Posts: 304
    Neonf1,

I have a 2008 Cube LTd team. I got it last year on the C2W scheme. I absolutely love it! I also use it for mainly urban use. It is light for a mountain bike & it is a lovely ride & feels very solid to me, but I only weigh 13 stone. I have put Specialized urban tyres on it as well which help for road use but still allow for light off road use & tracks, so in my opinion I have the best of both worlds. The pedals are not great-I have just changed those & went out on it last night & didn't want to come home!

The only problem is that it looks more expensive than what it is IMO & there have been various attempts to nick it when left locked up, so I now lock it with 3 locks!

So I bought a hybrid worth less, that did not matter so much if it got nicked.

And I hated it! It felt flimsy, unsolid & I only used it 3 times before it went on e-bay. It made me realise how solid & good handling the Cube was.

I admit I don't do 40 mile commutes on mine though :oops:
    /

Marin Team HT (customiosed commuter)

Boardman Team HT (customised commuter)

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • neonf1
    Big dave 3 wrote:
    Neonf1,

I have a 2008 Cube LTd team. I got it last year on the C2W scheme. I absolutely love it! I also use it for mainly urban use. It is light for a mountain bike & it is a lovely ride & feels very solid to me, but I only weigh 13 stone. I have put Specialized urban tyres on it as well which help for road use but still allow for light off road use & tracks, so in my opinion I have the best of both worlds. The pedals are not great-I have just changed those & went out on it last night & didn't want to come home!

The only problem is that it looks more expensive than what it is IMO & there have been various attempts to nick it when left locked up, so I now lock it with 3 locks!

So I bought a hybrid worth less, that did not matter so much if it got nicked.

And I hated it! It felt flimsy, unsolid & I only used it 3 times before it went on e-bay. It made me realise how solid & good handling the Cube was.

I admit I don't do 40 mile commutes on mine though :oops:

Well today I managed to get down to Winkleburys Cycles and Eranu you are right what a great shop a lot larger than I thought it was going to be. But you still wouldn't think that they would be able to get so many bikes in one shop.

Anyway they didn't have any Cube Hybrids but they did have some Cube LTd team bikes which I took out for a spin. What a great bike Big Dave 3 I can see why this bike is loved by so many smooth and responsive light and just a brilliant ride. I'm gutted I can't have them both.

They are getting in most if not all of the Cube Hybrids in very soon ( where they are going to put them God only knows ) also they will be part of the C2W scheme, so I'll go back and make a decision on what Hybrid to get but believe me if I had my own way I would be buying two bikes.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress.
  • gaberin
    gaberin Posts: 70
    i have a cube ltd pro and it is an amazing bike. i have had it for quite along time. i got the black annodised one and the price i got it for, this is the 2009 model was around 600 quid.
    Hello :)
  • neonf1
    gaberin wrote:
    i have a cube ltd pro and it is an amazing bike. i have had it for quite along time. i got the black annodised one and the price i got it for, this is the 2009 model was around 600 quid.

I'm still trying to find a bike shop that can get the Cube Nature in. Its like its been on order forever. I'm going to end up buying something else at this rate. :(