Podcasts are back

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    It's being re-edited...
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • It's still a good podcast as always, best cycling one out there.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Caught up with the last couple today, good stuff.

Except for the bit with all the dead air when Dan was trying to get the name of climber in Quick Step :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • When are they returning?
  • Jeff Jones
    next week
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If you're still waiting, check out Ned Boulting and Matt Rendell's regular podcast. It's July every month!
  • Jeff Jones
    Dan and I have been meetinged out this week, so we'll do one on Monday after the TDU finishes
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Kléber wrote:
    If you're still waiting, check out Ned Boulting and Matt Rendell's regular podcast. It's July every month!

Some interesting comments reported from Millar in the latest podcast.
  • Kléber
    And opinionated stuff too.

I like Boulting and Rendell as whether you agree with them or not, they are giving punditry: thought, analysis and chat. The CN podcast is often just a round up of results, "...so last week we saw Greipel win stage 1...", a lot of which many of us probably know.

Not criticism of Jeff and Dan, just hoping you guys can think about the structure of your podcasts.

Still, Matt Rendell citing Wittgenstein when it comes to how magazines pick which rider goes on the cover, that's a great one. And then they riff ironically on Gil Scott Heron when discussing Team Sky, this is off beat stuff and beyond the usual sports punditry. Especially when they start discussing muslims and the wearing of the veil in France, not sure how about this affects cycling?

Finally, I didn't know Evans took a bus from the Tour presentation in Paris back to the airport to get home, you'd sort of imagine a GT winner having a limo or at least a taxi but Cadel jumped on the shuttle bus.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    BTW - if you subscribe to the realpeleton podcast via iTunes - the first two seem unavailable but just cut and paste the mp3 urls in the .xml file pointed to in the podcast link and they all work directly just fine.
  • DaveyL
    This Real Peloton podcast is OK but the lads do seem to get a bit carried away with themselves and end up SHOUTING their heads off when they go off on a ramble. Could do with less of that, to be honest.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    New Real Peloton podcast out. Let's see if they've eased off the caffeine gels...
  • DaveyL
    :D

Come Jeff, that's two in about a week. Where's your competitive instinct? :)
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    It's up! It should appear soonish.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • grabbed -thanks!
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Kléber
    Cheers Jeff and Dan 8)
  • DaveyL
    Yep, enjoyed that - keep em coming!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    Episode 37 is now done and dusted.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    Hurrah - just in time for tonight's rollers session :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Jeff, why do you spend time forecasting the likely winners for a race... when by the time the podcast is released the race has been done?
  • DaveyL
    :D

Well, top marks to the roving reporters for the piece on tour with CTT in Belgium. Enjoyed it!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    We got the podcast out on Friday, so it was pre-Omloop (just).

Glad you liked the Cervelo snippets!
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    Cheers, Jeff. I enjoyed the BR article as well. Got a bit confused about what they were saying regarding tyre widths, pressure and rolling resistance though.

Will need to spend a few more days thinking about it!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    Wider tyre = lower rolling resistance, helped by the fact you can run at lower pressures. Good for dodgy roads.

Narrow tyre = more aero but higher rolling resistance. Good if the roads are smoother.

Grip: Pave tread (green) is really designed for Paris-Roubaix cobbles, not Belgian cobbles. It's overkill for the Belgian races, so the team prefers to use Corsa Evo CX 'cos they're a bit faster on the asphalt.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Kléber
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    We got the podcast out on Friday, so it was pre-Omloop (just).
    My apologies, it must be the IT at my end which meant it didn't get downloaded until after the event. All good stuff and get well soon to Dan Benson (so he can stop talking about himself :lol: )
  • DaveyL
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Wider tyre = lower rolling resistance, helped by the fact you can run at lower pressures. Good for dodgy roads.

Narrow tyre = more aero but higher rolling resistance. Good if the roads are smoother.

Grip: Pave tread (green) is really designed for Paris-Roubaix cobbles, not Belgian cobbles. It's overkill for the Belgian races, so the team prefers to use Corsa Evo CX 'cos they're a bit faster on the asphalt.

Thanks for that. I guess in my mind it just seemed a bit counter-intuitive that a wider tyre, which presumably has a larger contact area, has lower rolling resistance. I think it's just my problem that I can't get my head around that :-)
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    You released a podcast on the 1st anniversary and didn't even mention it!

Well, Happy Birthday to the podcast, here's to another year then.
  • Jeff Jones
    We did? <inspects meticulous records> Oh er yes that's right, we did. Happy birthday to us!

Thank you for your birthday wishes and your continued listening resilience ;-)
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    "Sky have more than one string to their bow - Flecha...." Nice punning work!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Really enjoyed the latest podcast, lots of great interviews. Good work!
    Le Blaireau (1)