Podcasts are back

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    edited July 2009
    The latest one even worse, a lot of background noise whilst the voices are very quiet, as if you've got one microphone on a table around you and you're all quite far from it.

I'm listening as I type but go to 16m00s to see what I mean, it's hard to hear the next 30 seconds :lol:
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    I know - I've asked the guys to find somewhere a bit quieter.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    yeah, at points i heard lorries etc. going past, wasn't good.
    A quiet place needs to be found.

Other than that, it's good stuff. (And has been since March)
  • r3 guy
    r3 guy Posts: 229
    Great podcast but the souund quality is getting worse.
  • Jeff Jones
    Stage 4's is much better - both in terms of the sound quality and also because it's good, entertaining analysis of the team time trial, including Armstrong talking about the team leadership, Bbox going on safari and lots more.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Definite improvement over the last few days, but yesterdays? What on earth were they doing with the mic?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    I'm not exactly sure, but have asked them not to.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Kléber
    DaveyL wrote:
    Definite improvement over the last few days, but yesterdays? What on earth were they doing with the mic?
    I think the guys were chatting in a room and Dan Friebe was wearing a wire to stealthily record the conversation :wink:
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Comments regarding the sound are definitely valid, last podcast seemed better though! Anyway, keep them coming, more coverage and analysis the better imo :]
  • DaveyL
    The sound quality on the last couple has been fine. As I was listening to the latest one (recap of Stage 8 ) I was thinking "that sounds like they're in a car", then Daniel give it away by accidentally hitting the horn!

Le'ts take it to the next level and have some road trip video podcast footage of the dynamic trio travelling between stages...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • What happened to the podcasts? Nothing new since Verbier. Where are they?

Have Daniel and Richard finally killed each other?
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Indeed, two of the best stages so far and no podcast? :/
  • Kléber
    I suspected they might crack during the final week in the Alps. Or perhaps the Rapha tape recorder - presumably Belgian infantry issue from WW1, recovered from an archaeological dig near the Somme - has finally packed up?
  • Jeff Jones
    Sorry, the boys had internet connection problems in the Alps. Stage 16 is there now, and stage 17 is coming v. soon.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • connackers
    connackers Posts: 11
    You've caught up but your podcasts don't match up to the links: 16 and 17 go to the 17 podcast; 18 and 19 go to the 19 podcast.

Thanks though - the podcasts have been great! Have enjoyed them a lot this year and last (although it's a little annoying when they're uploaded after 23.00 + or there are conversations with ghosts :) )
  • DaveyL
    Good that this podcast has been available every day, but maybe the lads were getting cabin fever: the last few podcasts have been ruined by the prolonged and petty arguing bewteen Richard Moore and Daniel Friebe. OK if it had been some sort of proper discussion of the Tour, but it wasn't. Maybe all that was supposed to be amusing, I don't know.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Glad to see the return of the regular podcast. Not so glad to hear Blue Chip Bob's party line being towed once again over the Hincapie incident. Plenty of questions to be asked about Columbia's tactics that day (and no mention of two Silence-Lotto riders pulling on the front along with Garmin and AG2R) but I guess it's easier just to replay Bob's rant and give Columbia more much-needed (?) publicity...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    It was more a case of what we had on tape - thought it would add a bit more colour.

Sorry for the lack of an episode last week: both Dan and I were sick/off.

Episode 20's now up at http://video.cyclingnews.com/podcasts/e ... ode_20.mp3
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    Good stuff - keeps us going in the post-Tour lull.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    Episode 21 just uploaded: http://video.cyclingnews.com/podcasts/e ... ode_21.mp3 (23 mins or so)
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Keep up the great work guys - enjoying listening to these while getting the miles in...and to think I used to think the Fredcast was entertaining....
  • Kléber
    Guys, I enjoy the podcasts but, for me at least, you end up recounting a lot of past events, telling us who won which stage etc. Surely we all know this, the sort of person who takes the time to download and listen will be sort who has checked the results?

There's plenty more to enjoy, I'm just suggesting you cover the past week's results a bit quicker or at least add some analysis as to how the race was won etc. Also, what about:
    - more analysis of particular incidents or tactics employed?
    - live "on air" interviews of riders or DS
    - making Jeff talk a bit faster? :wink:
  • DaveyL
    Did the BR/cn.com crew come back from Vegas with a T-shirt saying "I went to interbike and instead of interviewing some interesting techies/manufacturers, all I managed was a few lousy US pro riders trying (and failing) to be funny" ???
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    +1
  • Jeff Jones
    I didn't listen to that one :D

Last week's coming soon (I hope). We have a new podcast editor so it's taken a bit longer to get them finished in time for the usual slot.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    Looking forward to it - the ones with you and Daniel discussing cycling are brilliant, but I feel like the Interbike ones were a bit of a wasted opportunity (unless there's some dynamite stuff still to be unleashed...). Maybe I'm just bitter cos I wanted to hear from the CycleOps guys :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    It's there now. I still haven't listened to last week's :)

We're recording this week's tomorrow (Wednesday) and will make sure we get it edited and posted either on Thursday or Friday.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveyL
    35 min of goodness - I may have to save it for my next turbo session! (played twice :-) )
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Episode 30 made me laugh listening to Daniel Benson filling in Creed about the tour of california route as he hadn't seen it. Then saying "Ok then, so i'll start the recording now"

Obviously we heard the hello, how are you twice.

Still good work :)