Odd aching when I go for it.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
Hi.

I notice if I am on my bike and I decide to really put the power down, after a min or so, maybe even less I start getting aches in my bum and it can be in the leg too, the underside of my leg, I cant reallt decribe exactly how it feels, but maybe like an ache.

Anyone else get anything like this? What could it be?

Thanks
Will.

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Check your saddle height. I was getting that a lot before Christmas and it turned out my saddle was way too low.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've lowered, raised it etc... does not help the problem :(

It's a bugger when I was doing TT's!
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    ..is it your hamstring... try some stretching excercises specifically for them.... give it a couple of weeks see if it improves
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I have had this a couple of times training seems to happen more often on the track with me so think it is to do with the bike/saddle.
    I don't think it is hamstring as you describe similar to what I get, more of a numbness, in lower buttock or back of leg. Similar to when you sit awkward and get up ( leg gone to sleep lol)
    I think mins iw my larger saddle on track bike, the when put hammer down, more pressure on buttock.
    I normally get out of saddle for few revs to ease it, the try to ride a bit smoother.
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    ..might it be the width of the saddle ?... I always thought i had a fat arse, but my LBS has got one of those spesh gel measuring devices.. had my sit bone width measured and apparently i have narrow sit bones (i now use a narrow 130mm spesh saddle) and its really comfortable !