Is it bad manners to freebee a sportive?

13»

Comments

• symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Hyper bad form. I am entered in my first sportive this year the dartmoor classic, which starts 10 minutes away from my house and follows my main Sunday route for the majority of the distance. However I would not be so arrogant as to follow the course or try and score free water from the organisers, it does cost money to stage these things and I am looking for my first ever timed event. What people like reddragon seem to overlook is that if a black rider follows the course and has an accident who do the authorities contact first? Will it be organisers; yeah I think so too.
    No-one can stop you reddragon but are you so pigheaded as to not be able to alter your Sunday ride if you don't want to enter? You are not exactely coming across as a great guy or someone I would want to ride with.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Why are you picking on me?

I have no interest whatsoever in doing a sportive in the UK, whether for free or not.....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Why are you picking on me?

I have no interest whatsoever in doing a sportive in the UK, whether for free or not.....

Are you really not sure of the answer? You were clearly saying that there is nothin wrong with riding the exact same route as a sportive on the exact same day if you wanted. There is nothing to legally stop you. Just like there is nothing legaly stopping you pushing in front of an old lady in the supermarket but it is just not on.

If you happen to ride some of the route there is nothing wrong with that as many people have said but it would maybe a little bit nicer if you tried to avoid it for one day of the year. You don't have to but sometimes it is just nice to have a little thought for others even when you don't have to.

We all have to try and live together and can make it either as easy or as hard as possible.