snooks wrote:
    A few more....

You check out bikes more that the opposite sex

You get caught checking out bikes, and the GF believes you

You have more than one bike

Your bike is the single most expensive thing in the house

You go on cycling forums

The saddle you get with the bike gets changed before you've used it

You see people in the office in a whole new light when you know they commute by bike

You buy components by weight rather than price

You're on first name terms with your LBS

I hadn't thought about that, and then started to look how much things cost in the house and went "yeap, the bike wins it, easily with the accessories too" :lol

:lol: +1

Hmmmm, depends! If I'm in London, definitely, but here in Essex I have a Baritone Saxophone that will maintain that crown, even post-Viner...

But the Viner will be the most valuable vehicle I own, worth more than both cars combined.

:oops:

+1.5

My Audi just sold for £600 (I paid £625 for it a couple of years ago). Our BMW was £1800 - Technically my sofa is worth more than my 2 cars combined, sofa was £2500....The sad thing is that my wife and I have a combined income of £170,000 per annum - what the feck went wrong!! I think my 1962 Fender Stratocaster guitar is the most expensive item I own - I inherited it - valued at £25,000 as it is all original....some of my other guitar gear is quite expensive too....But I am amazed how much I spend on bicycle kit and training kit......so expensive! Just a good set of tyres is £60.
    I want a Viner....!
    I need a Viner..... not a sofa!
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    To be fair, last year when I get taken out by a WVM, the ambulance took me and my bike (they offered) to the hospital, and the lovely ambulance lady locked it up outside the hospital for me and delivered me the keys.

Awesome people.

+1. When I dropped my bike last year, the paramedic that took me to Barts actually gave me his bike lock and ensured that the receptionist kept an eye on the bike whilst I was getting patched. I still have the lock and the scar.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    When you think "I'll just quickly adjust x on the bike" and two hours later realise that you've made a complete mess of the nice clothes you were wearing because you've degreased the chain, re-lubed, cleaned the bike and removed the cassette for a really good clean, oops!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • [Tim]
    [Tim] Posts: 64
    hisoka wrote:
    Another one.

When moving home the first thing you think is "where will the bikes go" before planning your own bedroom.

When buying a house you discount houses which don't have adequate cycle storage.
    Then end up keeping your best bike in the kitchen/diner, just to be safe.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Attica wrote:
    When you think "I'll just quickly adjust x on the bike" and two hours later realise that you've made a complete mess of the nice clothes you were wearing because you've degreased the chain, re-lubed, cleaned the bike and removed the cassette for a really good clean, oops!

That is a very good point - I bought an ex-RAF flight suit to use as a boiler suit (and a fancy dress "Top Gun" outfit). Works a treat and has saved me money in both fancy dress and normal clothes!

Only problem is that no matter what the theme of fancy dress, I always go as a character from Top Gun.......
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    hisoka wrote:
    Another one.

When moving home the first thing you think is "where will the bikes go" before planning your own bedroom.

Oh Dear :oops: <whistles>
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    Greg T wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    Another one.

When moving house you metally draw a line of maximum cycle commuting from your office and refuse to move outside it.....

Oh God.... :oops: <whistles even more>
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Greg T wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    Another one.

When moving house you metally draw a line of maximum cycle commuting from your office and refuse to move outside it.....

Even worse, you draw a line of minimum commuting too, not wanting to miss out on those miles.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Kieran_Burns
    Attica wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    Another one.

Even worse, you draw a line of minimum commuting too, not wanting to miss out on those miles.

Shall I just shoot myself now?

This is EXACTLY what I have been doing. :shock:

What's even worse is I have tied the location down to one village which happens to be on the end of that Bridlepath I really enjoy commuting down. It knocks the commute down to approximately 10 miles

I've only been looking at places with a garage within that village that I can afford.

I've got it bad. :?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • brushed
    brushed Posts: 63
    gtvlusso wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    snooks wrote:
    A few more....

You check out bikes more that the opposite sex

You get caught checking out bikes, and the GF believes you

You have more than one bike

Your bike is the single most expensive thing in the house

You go on cycling forums

The saddle you get with the bike gets changed before you've used it

You see people in the office in a whole new light when you know they commute by bike

You buy components by weight rather than price

You're on first name terms with your LBS

I hadn't thought about that, and then started to look how much things cost in the house and went "yeap, the bike wins it, easily with the accessories too" :lol

I get hacked off by insurance companies that wont insure a bike to a higher value than £500 as part of the contents insurance - cant buy jack s**t for that money unless its a fixie
    FCN 4 summer
    FCN 6 Winter

'Strong, Light, Cheap : choose two' Keith Bontrager