Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Is it a bolt thru or a QR?

mudsuckermudsucker Posts: 704
edited March 2009 in MTB workshop & tech

When i bought my 2008 stumpjumper last year the front wheel is secured by what looks like some sort of QR/screw in thingy. It works well but was just wondering out of interest what the propper name for it is. The way it works is that you screw the bobble end up and then tighten the lever up against the fork leg. Its about 8-9mm ish thick at a guess.

Here is it in

here is it err....out


And finally as i has the camera out, Here is a pic of my ride taken in the kitchen as per forum rules :wink:


Cheers, Ben 8)
Fuelled by cake!

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp for playing in the mud.
2013 Trek 1.2
1982 Holdsworth Elan.
1987 Peugeot Tour 10


Sign In or Register to comment.