RP Training Group Ride - Sat 21st / Sun 22nd

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Right, time to kick this into gear again after a few slack weeks! :twisted:

Usual story - 8:30-9am start @ Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, vote for your favoured day using the poll options 8)

Saturday am is likely to be a write-off for me as I'm out with a mate in Clapham on Friday night! :roll: :oops: But Sunday is free and I have nothing planned for Saturday night so should be clear of hangover and raring to go! :wink: 8)

If the current run of quiet weekends continues then I may well finally drag my ass out to a Wheelers club run instead, so that I feel like I can justify the expense of joining and shelling out on some club attire!

As ever, newbies / lurkers / last minute arrivals are more than welcome - whilst we have a 'core' of about 6 regulars we have had a lot of others turn up to ride with us at various different times and it's always good to see new faces!

Who's in? :shock: 8)

Comments

• I'd be keen - been hoping to join up with this lark for a while and finally have a clear weekend in the schedule. Sunday works...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Assuming I can get all this sh*t off my chest (I have bad man flu) I should be cherry ripe by sunday.

Rich if you wan't I can load our last hills ride into the Garmin and take on that route again. Unfortunately you missed some nice scenery and gradients after you turned around last time.

That is also of course everyone else is up to a longer ride. :oops: :roll: :wink:

The long grazed legged one
  • Hi, would be very keen to join up with you guys on Sunday morning. First chance in a while, apart from Hell of Ashdown, for a weekend ride so looking fwd to it. Assume you would head down to Surrey Hills - what sort of mileage do you estimate - longer the better for me, as need to start upping things for the Fred.

Cheers
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Hey Fuji Mackers - although I'm not out this weekend I can answer anyway; yes we usually head out to the Surrey Hills, this http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1578992 is a typical route. Sometimes we'll skip out Leith Hill and just head to Box Hill, which makes it circa 80km instead.

Rich-Ti and I are on Le Fred this year, so we know how you feel ;)
    What he said! :lol::wink:

Be good to see new faces out Fuji & Homercles so please do come along - my favoured time is 9am and the weather is showing promise so may even leave the booties and skull cap at home! 8)
  • The emu
    Hi, would be very keen to join up with you guys on Sunday morning. First chance in a while, apart from Hell of Ashdown, for a weekend ride so looking fwd to it. Assume you would head down to Surrey Hills - what sort of mileage do you estimate - longer the better for me, as need to start upping things for the Fred.

Cheers

Yep, as the others say - the more the merrier.

Could only be a small group this weekend, as a few lads are away.

I'm keen on extending a bit further if possible, to hit some hills around peaslake, leith and ewhurst, am not particularly quick, but like to gind up as many hills as possible. For me, the quebrantahuesos is the big one I'm shooting for in 09.

Last ride we had already done 85ks by the time we got to Box Hill, had a well earned cuppa and then headed home.

9am is good for me.

• Rich-Ti
    The emu wrote:
    I'm keen on extending a bit further if possible, to hit some hills around peaslake, leith and ewhurst
    I had something in mind based on exactly that - over Pitch Hill (Hound House Road or something I think it's called), into Ewhurst, back over Leith and then hook up with the usual Boxhill > Epsom > Kingston finish 8)
  • Looks good - 9am fine for me.

I will be on the Italia, as seen in my signature, with a metallic grey Giro helmet, prob blue jacket.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I could be a starter. Although I won't know until Saturday evening. Shall let you know, but if you don't hear from me please don't wait around.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    homercles wrote:
    Looks good - 9am fine for me.

I will be on the Italia, as seen in my signature, with a metallic grey Giro helmet, prob blue jacket.
    Nice one Homercles - likewise my bike's in my signature for recognition, but it's calibre far exceeds my ability so don't let the result of my compulsive and persistent upgrade habit put you off! :roll: :oops: :lol:

We tend to wait by the white building on the right as you come in through Richmond Gate (or on the left if you've come up Sawyer's Hill) 8)
  • Rich-Ti wrote:
    Nice one Homercles - likewise my bike's in my signature for recognition, but it's calibre far exceeds my ability so don't let the result of my compulsive and persistent upgrade habit put you off! :roll: :oops: :lol:

We tend to wait by the white building on the right as you come in through Richmond Gate (or on the left if you've come up Sawyer's Hill) 8)

Know the building - will be approaching from Richmond Gate side.

I'm already horribly jealous of your R3 status and I haven't even met it yet. One day, one day...
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Good stuff - I'm up for Sunday too. I've had another lazy week, one half hour turbo session on monday and an afternoon in the pub on wedneday... i think i'm in negative equity :-)

9.00am also sounds like a winner.
  • Rich-Ti
    London-Red wrote:
    Good stuff - I'm up for Sunday too. I've had another lazy week, one half hour turbo session on monday and an afternoon in the pub on wedneday... i think i'm in negative equity :-)

9.00am also sounds like a winner.
    Nice one Dave, be good to see you out again 8)

Oh, and Myk-ee - force yourself buddy! Not seen you for ages now! :wink::lol:

Homercles - don't be jealous! It's a great bike, but the only reason I have it is because I'm single and yet to get a mortgage! The only person I have to ask permission for upgrades from is myself and it's easy to see how that conversation goes...!! :wink: :roll: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti wrote:
    Homercles - don't be jealous! It's a great bike, but the only reason I have it is because I'm single and yet to get a mortgage! The only person I have to ask permission for upgrades from is myself and it's easy to see how that conversation goes...!! :wink: :roll: :lol:

All of that applies here too!! I guess I'll console myself with the fact that I also spunk stupid amounts of money on skiing and beer! :D
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Looking forward to it! The weather is finally beginning to look a little better and more spring like as well which really gets the motivation going.

I think I'll be requiring a tow, however.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Sorry chaps, after much to-ing and fro-ing I am defintely not going to be making it, but I will be riding somewhere though tan lines might give the sunnier climes away :D I am really glad to see some new faces coming out of the woodwork - I am always up for increasing the lurker to partaker ratio! Anyone else thinking about coming, you know you want to!

See you about 7-8th March weekend
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Sorry chaps, after much to-ing and fro-ing I am defintely not going to be making it, but I will be riding somewhere though tan lines might give the sunnier climes away :D I am really glad to see some new faces coming out of the woodwork - I am always up for increasing the lurker to partaker ratio! Anyone else thinking about coming, you know you want to!

See you about 7-8th March weekend
    'tis good to see some newbies coming out to play! 8)

Might not be about on 7th/8th March - planning a training weekend in Edinburgh with my Le Fred buddies, and then got my first sportive the following weekend (Burgess Hill Spring Classic) :P
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Oh, and Myk-ee - force yourself buddy! Not seen you for ages now! :wink::lol:

Doing an MTB run to Brighton from home on saturday which I've organised so can't back out of, hoping I'll still have some brownie points left to ride on Sunday. Assuming 80kms offroad on a hardtail and 40kms onroad isn't too bruising... :shock:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Weather looking ideal for Sunday - enjoy the ride 8)
    I'll be testing some bikes at the London Cycle Sport thing so won't be around. May take a spin round Richmond this evening...
  • Rich-Ti
    London-Red wrote:
    Looking forward to it! The weather is finally beginning to look a little better and more spring like as well which really gets the motivation going
    Definitely - it might even be shorts + knee warmers or spring/autumn 3/4 tights weather! :shock: :lol:
  • Looking forward to this now, with possibly a few new hills to test out. If I dont have chat again I will see you guys bright and early at Richmond gate fueled up for a long ride. Will be on a Specialized (gerolsteiner colours).

Equally looking fwd to my ride down the embankment in an hour or so to kick off the weekend!!

Brian
  • The emu
    Last couple of outings we've had some guys just rock up aswell, so anyone reading to this who are a maybe, feel free to just make an appearance on sunday.

I'll be the tall lanky one on the white wilier with the lairy outfit :P

• Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    You boys have fun this weekend. Shame I amin Edinburgh and missing a great weekend of good riding weather and bummed I can't go and test bikes either. Al let me know what you find out there!
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    I should be able to make it - 95% certain. My bike (touch-wood) should be in full working order this time. . . . so I may actually make it up the first hill :)

I'll also try and point out all the pot holes this time :)
    See you there; Sunday @ 9:00.

Thanks
    Ryan
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Weather looks good today and I hope it stays that way for tomorrow. Whilst I am not coming I enjoy a good read about the ride and respective box hill efforts. Currently I am chilling out at Heathrow terminal 3 - all will be revealed on my return...

P.s. Thanks again Wilf! Oh and from your post I guess you are wearing the Lampre kit then!? :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    If I'm feeling good tommorow morning I'll be joining you, already done a long ride today though so I might be trailing a bit :oops:
    Rich-Ti wrote:

If the current run of quiet weekends continues then I may well finally drag my ass out to a Wheelers club run instead, so that I feel like I can justify the expense of joining and shelling out on some club attire!

I would hold on until march to get club kit, when all the sponsors have been updated. I think some guys still have some of the old kit that they are trying to flog off but for the most part everyone is waiting till march.
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:
    If I'm feeling good tommorow morning I'll be joining you, already done a long ride today though so I might be trailing a bit :oops:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    If you want we could collect you en route, save you having to come all the way out? Maybe 9:30 at Hampton Court or something? Text me in the morning if you read this in time 8)
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Aww thanks Rich, you're a gent! That gives me a bit of a lie in (00:39 as I write this, I really should be in bed but bad sleeping patterns as of late :( )

I'll be at HC @ 9:30 unless my legs are jelly in the morning, I just don't want to come out and end up hitting the wall or slow the whole group down. Or put myself in uneccessary pain :D Will text in the morning to confirm!

Anyone else near Hampton Court is welcome to meet me there @ 9:30 aswell.