Who wants to lose a stone by March-Week 6! (2nd Feb-8th Feb)

tonyw43
tonyw43 Posts: 249
In Bluecow's absence, I have taken the liberty of updating (apologies Bluecow if you were planning on doing this later).

So here we go with last weeks posters

Bluecow 10st0lbs --> 10st0lbs (lost 0 lbs)
TonyW43 15st4lbs --> 14st12lbs (lost 6 lbs)
Fat_Rob 14st2lbs --> 14st2lbs (lost 0 lbs)
ColinJ 15st6.7lbs --> 15st5lbs (lost 1.7 lbs)
Hagrid 16st5lbs --> 16st8lbs (gained 3 lbs)
bgood2folk 86.5kg --> 86.5kg (lost 0 lbs)
popette 89.4kg --> 87.6kg (lost 3.9 lbs)
Fuzzynavel 15st5lbs --> 15st3lbs (lost 2 lbs)
Ken Knight 80kg --> 79.5kg (1.1 lbs)
T.C 13st6lbs --> 13st6lbs (lost 0 lbs)
DavidMillar 87kg --> 88.1 kg (gained 2.4 lbs)
jp1985 102kg --> 105kg (gained 6.6 lbs)
pjm84 16st3lb --> 15st12lb (lost 5 lbs)
hambones 15st4lbs --> 14st10lbs (lost 8 lbs)

Apologies if I've missed anybody.

So this weeks prize goes to...
Hambones
1276_main_icedbun.jpg[/img]

Comments

• tonyw43
    The last week has been a little better for me training wise, with more time on the trainer doing endurance interval work. Will be doing this for the next ten weeks along with getting out on the road (when the ice dissapears). Food wise, again the week has gone well. Even managed to go for a fairly healthy option when at my brothers for chinese (king prawn with cashew nuts, very nice). And the best bit - a colleague at work bought me a king size bar of Dairy Milk as a thank you for some work I did, and it is still in the drawer, unopened. That normally would have gone in five minutes, so I am quite proud of myself.

Anyway, last week was 208 lbs, this week is 204 lbs, so 4 lbs lost this week.
    The good old scales are showing a 2% drop in body fat and a 1.5% increase in muscle mass.
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Hmmm weight 15st 13lb so I've gained a 1lb.

Managed a few runs and a spin class during the week. My running improved even considering the snow. Got out on the bike on Sunday and clocked 90km at an average of 30kph. Mostly flat with a few "lumps" here and there. Felt strong unlike the previous week which left me lying on sofa afterwards for a few hours.
    Paul
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Again, not weighed mysel but last week saw some good interval sessions and a longer endurance (L2) ride.

I have reduced my mileage in the last few weeks and have been concentrating on quality, much easier now I have a power meter and a structured training plan...

Mileage - 117
    Cals - 4471

Inceased my power profile at all levels too :)
  • 15 st 2 this week so 1lb loss..

Only managed 30 miles this week due to snow (don't own a turbo) but it was a good quality 30 miles with lots of hill repeats and short max power bursts and recoveries.
    Still worried about this plateau that I have had for the last 3 months....I can only break the 15st barrier when I am dehydrated after a long ride. Maybe I will need to look at my diet and cut some calorie intake as I just eat what I want at the moment without too much thought or concern.
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    fuzzynavel wrote:
    15 st 2 this week so 1lb loss..

Only managed 30 miles this week due to snow (don't own a turbo) but it was a good quality 30 miles with lots of hill repeats and short max power bursts and recoveries.
    Still worried about this plateau that I have had for the last 3 months....I can only break the 15st barrier when I am dehydrated after a long ride. Maybe I will need to look at my diet and cut some calorie intake as I just eat what I want at the moment without too much thought or concern.

fitday.com

Plot your calorie intake.
    Cheers, Stu
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    One of my updates didn't get entered so here is the actual one for last week!

15 st 5.0 lbs -> 15 st 3.4 lbs. Total loss so far 6.6 lbs (3.0 kg).

Blog report including flabby beer belly picture.

Current OJ-ometer.
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106
    Didn't do a great deal last week due to snow and work

Think I probably commuted in 1 1/2 times = 24 miles
    Couple of visits to the gym running / weights and a 6 mile outdoor run

Weighed in @ 78.5 kg, start Jan 1 was 82 kg
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    A recovery week so only 4 hours cycling.
    Start 93kg
    Last week 87.6kg
    Latest 87.1kg

I was pleased that I'd dropped weight seeing as I had cycled less and I had a night out on Friday with lots of liquid calories consumed.
    It was my birthday yesterday so had a meal and and will be out again at the weekend. Looking forward to the group ride on Sunday though - that should burn a fair few calories off. 1 more lb and a stone will have gone!
  • tonyw43
    Happy Birthday for Yesterday Popette, hope you had a good one. :D:D
  • duckson wrote:
    fuzzynavel wrote:
    15 st 2 this week so 1lb loss..

fitday.com

Thanks...have signed up to have a look.
  • bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    Awww thanks for getting this up and going! I realise i let this one slide this week. I went out on Sunday and didnt get back til 1am and on the very short space of time ive had to log on since then the site has been down, or playing up. (excuses..)
    Normal service will be resumed as of sunday.

STG: Lose a stone and get round the 102 cheshire cat.
    LTG: Dont know.
    So here was my week (its not good):
    Monday-friday: nothing, :s
    Saturday: 63 mile HILLY club run. After a week of nothingness it was quite draining.
    Sunday: Rest

My weight is solid still at 10st (arghhh!) but i still think i can do this, i just need to be extra good for the rest of the challenge...
    Waist (round my belly button- as a permanent reference point) is a chunky 31 inches.
  • Better this week. Although the weather prevented me from getting out last week (my week is weds eve - weds eve) I grabbed an opportunity to get 30 m on sat afternoon. I did 20 m on monday, 23 on tues and 23 today. The eating has been much better this week - very controlled even over the w/e when I normally fall off the cart. I caught myself weighing portions out a couple of times and now I've registered on Livestrong.com and am making use of the "my daily plate" function to watch my calorific intake. It's actually a really good site with lots of helpful articles on exercise, eating and genral healthy lifestyle stuff - take a peek!!

Start weight 89.1 Kg Waist 37"
    Last week 88.1 Kg waist 36"
    Tonight 86.6 kg wiast 36", body fat 18.9%, water 54.0%

Making progress

DM
  • duckson wrote:

fitday.com

Have taken your advice and plotted everything today.....2482 calories....no exercise today
    53 % carbs, 35% Fat and 12% protein...
    Without the pies at lunch time and the Pizza for tea I would only have about 5% Fat intake and these don't happen every day.
    There are some variables that are outside my control but could be dropped....coffee from the machine at work...probably have about 8-10 a day and am unsure of what is in each one (apart from some form of coffee granules). Could have water from the machine beside it instead.
    My fruit intake is quite high (free at work).....Today I have had 3 bananas, 1 apple, a pear and a satsuma. Plus the 1 litre of fresh orange I had this afternoon..
    I sound like a fat pig...damn I eat a lot!
    A great man once said...."I eat cos I am unhappy and I am unhappy because I eat" (Fat B*stard circa 1999)

I guess I need to get some more data before I can draw any conclusions.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    bluecow wrote:
    Saturday: 63 mile HILLY club run.

Nah, it was flat wasn't it :lol:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    bluecow wrote:
    Saturday: 63 mile HILLY club run.

Nah, it was flat wasn't it :lol:

Haha, oh yeah. Really flat.Hell, i could have got up them hills pedalling a tractor it was so darned flat.
    Are you coming for our soiree next friday?
  • Well, i have found the turbo for6/7 days and today did a sad 20 miler! Help!

On the plus side i lost 6 pounds last week so around 102/3 KG from a starting and still at last week 105.6 Its astart 2 weeks to go

:lol:
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    Sorry i'm late, did 7 hours last week, two 3 hour rides, no weight loss ? ?
  • Hagrid
    Hagrid Posts: 22
    Weight went up last Sunday to 16st9 :evil: Some of that is fluid but, nonetheless, stuck at a plateau. On the theory that I am depriving my body of some nutrient that is causing it to wring every last calorie out of my intake in search of it (I keep a food diary, so I know I'm not simply overeating), I've been eating a little more protein (mostly fish) and adding a bit of cheese back into my diet. The results for the next thread have been encouraging!

As for exercise, Tue and Thu 2hrs in the gym and a brisk hour long walk home, Wed., 2hrs on the turbo, Sat. 66 miles ride OUTSIDE (first since early Jan., second since November 22) :D Sun. another hour on the turbo. The training is going well. The weight loss? Not so much!
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    I've put 2lbs on since last weigh-in. No riding or exercise for 13 days although I managed a pacey 18 miles on Saturday and 70 miles today with 3500ft of climbing.

Oh well, back to commuting now the milder weather seems to be here so hopefully the weight will start coming off again. :)
    Still breathing.....
  • Not sure what's been up with me but my guts have been hidious and I've not had a proper meal for five days. I'm over it now but I must have lost some weight, mind you I 'aven't been able to ride me bike either. :cry:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.