School Lane, Bradnop. Tough climb!?

underthesun
underthesun Posts: 36
I did this climb as well as Mow Cop in preparation for the Cheshire Cat however I found the School Lane climb a real bitch for some reason. I think it is because its steeper from the start than the Mow Cop climb. Anyone else done this climb on School Lane and if so what did you think??

Comments

• FAT_ROB
    FAT_ROB Posts: 116
    Hell yeah this is a killer and one that for some reason I always struggle on, Its a great climb but I have found on occasions it is made even harder by all the shite that seems to get washed down this lane, oh and the crazy drivers who come careering down at you.

Other than that and being a bastard I must admit this is a lovely climb,

My other favorite (if thats the right word) in the area is the climb up towards the Mermaid from Thorncliffe (past the Red lion PH and just keep going straight) There is one horrible blind bend so you never get much of a run and that kicks up horribly at the start.
    Never knowingly past a pie shop!

Spec Pitch

Spec Tarmac

Thorn Raven Tourer (with Roholf Hub gears)
  • FAT_ROB
    FAT_ROB Posts: 116
    Hell yeah this is a killer and one that for some reason I always struggle on, Its a great climb but I have found on occasions it is made even harder by all the shite that seems to get washed down this lane, oh and the crazy drivers who come careering down at you.

Other than that and being a bastard I must admit this is a lovely climb,

My other favorite (if thats the right word) in the area is the climb up towards the Mermaid from Thorncliffe (past the Red lion PH and just keep going straight) There is one horrible blind bend so you never get much of a run and that kicks up horribly at the start.
    Never knowingly past a pie shop!

Spec Pitch

Spec Tarmac

Thorn Raven Tourer (with Roholf Hub gears)