Tacx Fortius iMagic Rollers - What Watts

wyattlad
wyattlad Posts: 67
Wondering what sort of average wattage people are training at on their rollers. Not asking the max obtained, but what's a respectable wattage on the rollers for say a 20 mile session. Also does anyone have a view on the wattage reported against the real wattage on the road and the accuracy of the Tacx?

Comments

• neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I just posted a new topic about the fact that my average wattage is quite a lot more when climbing than on the flat.

A lot of people claim that the effort required to do the same route "for real" and on the fortius is very similar. I've also heard that it can slightly overestimate wattage (10%?), although there seems to be some confusion as to whether this is true on the fortius as much as on the iMagic, and if it is still the case with the latest updates.

In any case, your setup makes a big difference - the pressure of the tyres and the pressure of the roller against the tyre. The calibration should deal with this to some extent, although the error (and hence the recommended calibration) varies during a ride as the tyre and roller heat up.

If it's any use, I'm 64 kilos and according to the tacx average just under 270 on a half-hour climb. Average for the whole ride is lower as I am warming up at the start and recovering on the downhill...