Need some mates in or aroun Telford, Shropshire

2»

Comments

• RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    Anyone off here out this weekend? I'm free for a jolly.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Llandegla on Sunday lunchtime (90% certain)
  • bennaylor
    bennaylor Posts: 52
    Hopefully going to try and finish work early tomorrow and head out on the bike. Anyone wanna join me for a 6:30ish start
  • tlw1
    bennaylor wrote:
    Hopefully going to try and finish work early tomorrow and head out on the bike. Anyone wanna join me for a 6:30ish start

b0ll0xs - forgot to reply to your text - at work without bike :( sorry
  • wemac
    wemac Posts: 91
    Hi guys, I ride around Telford fairly regularly with one or two mates - mainly Wrekin & Ercall (xc) and a bit on the road to put the miles in.

Quite often go out on a Friday and sometimes Mon or Tue. Also sometimes on the weekend. Hard to get away to Wales etc cause of the time. If anyone wants to meet up drop me a bell
    Trek Fuel EX8 09
  • swainey1
    swainey1 Posts: 276
    llandegla is mint

i did the black run twice on tuesday :D:D

anyone up for it
  • tlw1
    always up for Llandegla

Can go one night this week after work. Just need to sort some new tyres for the Orange.
  • bennaylor
    Work has been manic this last month, will probably be the same for another month. But will try to get out soon.

Hopefully get out around the Wrekin sometime this week, wemac let me know when your heading out and i'll try and catch up.

Thought you would have some new tyres by now Matt!
  • tlw1
    just ordered :) Been using SS nd road bike - in theory fitter, in practice knackered!
  • kinggb
    kinggb Posts: 18
    hi im from whitchurch i normally ride the usual trail centres in north wales but looking for a few more local rides like the wrekin but never been up there before. is it fairly simple 2 find your way around? i had heard a rumour that bikes were banned is tht true? are there any other good rides locally? any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • bennaylor
    Morning

The wrekin is open to bikes mainly, you just have to be polite to walkers (which is fine). It is full of footpaths but I don't know of anyone who has been told off for being there.

I usually ride around Ercall Wood which is next to the Wrekin and then go up the Wrekin the main track and then dissapear off some little tracks to the side, much better routes I find. As for finding your way around, I just follow the paths, its nice and simple.

I am hopefully going to get out on the bike tomorrow, will probably go around the Wrekin so if anyone wants to join me send me a message. Not sure what time I am going out yet.
  • monsterziggy
    monsterziggy Posts: 101
    Hi Guys,

Me & my girli mates r traveling over u're way, do u have any suggestions for a starting pt with lots of good riding attached, we usually play in the wyre forest but fancy a bit of a change.

Thanks
  • wemac
    wemac Posts: 91
    bennaylor wrote:
    Work has been manic this last month, will probably be the same for another month. But will try to get out soon.

Hopefully get out around the Wrekin sometime this week, wemac let me know when your heading out and i'll try and catch up.

Thought you would have some new tyres by now Matt!

Hi ben, just noticed this thread again! Let me know when you're heading out and maybe we can catch up. Might be out on Sunday - not sure yet.
    Trek Fuel EX8 09
  • Hi Wemac

Cheers for the message

Not going to around much this weekend and next week but will deffinetly try and catch up some time.

Is it just yourself or is there a group of you that go out on thew bikes?

Cheers