Need some mates in or aroun Telford, Shropshire

bennaylor
bennaylor Posts: 52
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Just getting back into mountain biking and need some mates to go out with. Getting a bid bored of doing The Wrekin, Cannock Chase and Eastridge on my own. Planning to go into Wales this summer as well.

Cheers

Comments

• Could you guide a ride over the wrekin ? Hanvent been there in ages
  • Yeah, if you wanna meet up one weekend that would be good. I'm away for a couple of weekends snowboarding so I will be out next on the 7/8th of Feb. Just looking forward to the longer days

What type of riding do you mainly do?
  • Hi Mate

That would be good if you could give us a tour of the wrekin could maybe show you round the wyre forest as we ride there often

Just into genreral XC trail riding what about you.
  • Hi,

Have you tried Llandegla yet, its only bout 1.25hr from Wellington / Telford. Its fantastic. really good mix of stuff. easy / moderate / black runs :twisted:

What type of riding you into?? I used session the wrekin, but not for a about 12months now, work and injury got in the way :(

Just got a new steed, If you fancy meeting up giz a shout either up the wrekin or over at Llandegla.

Cheers Paul
    Travel in style and comfort - VW T25 Westfalia - the only way to travel to trails , and have nice grub when I get back after gettin covered in welsh mud !
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Give us a shout matey. I'm in Shrewsbury. Tend to head around Haughmond on the outskirts of town, or Nesscliffe on the A5. Occasionally head up to Llandegla. Happy to try anywhere though.

Liam.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    I am up for a Shropshire based ride, can't on the 7/8th as friends visiting.

If anyone is around I am going to Llandegla on sunday for a quick blast (unless I can get some wheels for my singlespeed build................)
  • I am planning to go out around the Wrekin on Sunday if anyone wants to join me.
  • Yea might be up for that what time u starting & how long u planning on riding for ?
  • tlw1
    forget the Wrekin - meet at Llandegla at 11am on Sunday :)

Be warned I am attempting it on a singlespeed with the words - "how hard can it be" ringing in my ears!
  • Landegla seems like a good idea, have not been there yet so I will plan to come over. Hopefully I will not be in too much pain from rugby on Saturday.

Where in Shropshire are you from Matt anyway?
  • tlw1
    Market Drayton - def going on Sunday :)
  • Still planning to come up to Llandegla so it will be good to meet up with you.

Is it just yourself or is there a gang of you meeting up
  • tlw1
    bennaylor wrote:
    Still planning to come up to Llandegla so it will be good to meet up with you.

Is it just yourself or is there a gang of you meeting up

Nobody seems to be playing this w.end! Me & perhaps a couple of mates, it won't be a flat out attack as both of them are just getting into cycling. So I am aiming to try the siglespeed for its first ride off road!

I will be on either a old thin framed kona singlespeed or a white p7 and my mates on a black specilized hard tail & a red(ish) Marin. Ready to go at circa 11am

PM me your number & we will have a giggle!
  • tlw1
    Ben

Hope you are feeling ok this morning. The bike "might" need a bit of tipex! If it cheers you up I am in pain on my shoulders, arms & fingers - suspension is a brilliant thing & I think it is needed on that Kona!

Great to meet up & look forward to the next ride!

Matthew
  • Alright Matthew

Shoulder and elbow still feeling a bit painfull, just proves to me that I am not that good on the bike. I was more upset when I washed the bike and found a few chunks out the paint work.

Hopefully should be out on the bike soon, but not sure when. Won't be playing rugby either I would say.

I will text over my e-mail address so we can get out on the bikes again

Cheers
    Ben
  • tlw1
    Was the wife ok though!!!!!
  • RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    I live in Telford.

Been meaning to link up with -Liam- off here but havn't got round to it! Even got me a new hack so needs to be used.

Where abouts are you based and what sort of riding do you do?
  • Wife was fine, she even bandaged me up and got me some painkillers all ready.

Rob
    I'm from Leegomery, my main riding is just getting out around the tracks. Went to Llandegla last weekend which was awesome. Go to the chase and Eastridge when I can but when I am short of time I just go for a thrash around the wrekin. All so try and get out for the odd night ride.

Let us know if you wanna catch up

Cheers
  • tlw1
    Rob

I am in Market Drayton & went with Ben to Llandegla last w.end - he did have a loverly white bike................ Top chap - def worth a meet over the next few weeks.

Matthew
  • RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    Aye, will have too!

Although to be honest i'm not the best picture of health at the moment so if your super fit i'll be slacking behind!

Too many pies and beers! Oh, and fags!
  • tlw1
    Rob - Don't want to go cycling with gym monkeys - its more importantant to have a laugh!
  • jon8672
    jon8672 Posts: 4
    just reading your post im in telford ride most weeks silkinway to iron bridge i go of to wales around the beacons abit im looking to improve my fitness but i ride alot alone so its hard im not crap but my fittness could be better i think i can still ride the wrekin it been a few years though give me a shout if any one wants a bike buddie im up for most things
    tammyandjon@hotmail.com
  • tlw1
    Jon

No problem. W.end rides are a bit limited for me until april (when we go to Fort William for a week :) )as away with family or work. Therefore going to Delemere (nr Chester) on Wednesday night for a night ride if that is of interest. As the light improves we will start to go to Llandegla!

Thanks

Matthew
  • bennaylor
    Just got the bike back, was bright and shiny but atleast everything works ok. i wish my RHS shoulder and arm was back to normal. Hopefully going to try and get out on the bike on Sunday around Telford if any one wants to join me.

Jon, as for your comment about fitness. Mine is shocking, that why i'm trying to do more cycling, but it would be good to catch up with you for a blast around Telford. Where are you based as I am from Leegomery

Matthew, cheers for the invite to Delemere on Wednesday. I will let you know early next week, depends how the weekend goes with the arm.
  • Hello All,
    I'm new to this site, I'm off to Llandegla tomorrow for the first time and looking forward to it. I live in Telford so I go to The Ercall and Wrekin as it's local. There is a trail just off the road going up to Little Wenlock on the left about 300 yards past forest glen car park. There are a couple of boulders at the beginning as you leave the road. This leads up through what is a quite technical climb until you get to the top. You then go left through a wooded trail which leads to a very fast, rocky descent which comes out at the back of Limekiln Lane which leads you to where the Old Hall prep school was. I'm not sure how well known this trail is but it is a great run and well worth a look if you havn't been before.
    Cheers, Paul.
  • bennaylor
    Llandegla will be really good, went there for the first time three weeks ago. Just watch out for some of the humps on the black runs. Still recovering from from a wipeout.

Cheers for the info about Limekiln lane, been passed the start many times but never been up there but I will probably give it a go this weekend. If any one else wants to join me for a ride, i am planning to head out on Sunday morning
  • How do guys anyone fancy a ride this weekend locally to Telford
    Current bike Specialized FSR XC
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Hey Rich.

I'm about this weekend. Send us a pm, let us know what you have planned.
  • bennaylor
    Hi there

I am planning to be out over the weekend. Planning to get out both Saturday and Sunday. One day around the Wrekin and the other I might head over to Haugmond Hill.

If any one wants to meet up send us a reply
  • tlw1
    Not this w.end as the wife is away & I have got the kids.

But I will probably go to Llandegla Monday & Wednesday night.

Ben - we will ride together again at some point :)