2009 Fred Whitton

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• yes, I did. I'm pretty tired today, but I assume that's the hard bit is out of the way now.
    Just hope it gets there from Scotland
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    I did.
  • I did too.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    just got to keep my fingers crossed they don't accept my application :wink:

Oh and 6.30am it was still there but gone by just after 7!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    i might put my copy on ebay! :lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Yeah, I've got it downloaded onto a memory stick.

How much am I bid ?
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    Yep, up at 00.05 sounds like it was needed. Posted today so fingers crossed I get a place :D
    fitness is for life
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    Yep me to :lol:
  • LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    I printed the entry form last night at 12:10 and filled it in ready for the morning. I had a ride over to hand deliver my entry and the lady of the house (Mrs Loftus I presume; thanks for filling my frozen water bottle) said they had closed the download at 7:30. A car pulled up at the same time as I arrived (about 10:15) and the driver asked if we were the first to hand deliver and was told they had received about 250 hand deliveries!
  • Sjaak
    Sjaak Posts: 99
    Anyone who posted using the PostOffice's 'guaranteed next day delivery'? I did, costed me £4.60something and now I 'm worried they might hand deliver it well after the 1st class mail.... :?
  • You've heard of Hard Knott Pass, right?

Isn't that the digestive problem Cumbrians get from eating those curley sausages?

If successful, 4 months to train and still feeling like I ate too much Xmas cake...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    By yesterday evening they had over 400 hand-delivered entries, so those relying on Royal Mail might not be so lucky - I have a local contact who offered to deliver one for me, but Tilff-Bastogne-Tilff is on the same weekend
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Admirable that 400 made the effort to deliver applications by hand,
    but what about those of us who live too far away for that? :(
  • I guess if the organiser pulled the entry form from the website soon after the 1000 limit was reached then it won't matter too much that there's a lot of hand-delivered entries. Of course, if I (who used the post) don't get in then all those who hand-delivered are devious swines and shouldn't be allowed to do any sportive, ever.
  • andy_wrx
    Perhaps nashapley you're assuming too much, that there was someone monitoring the hits and then pulling it as soon as it went over 1000
    - perhaps the organiser just pulled it at 7:30-ish because that's what time he got up !

I guess they remove the form because they don't want to be receiving 5000 of them and having to send 4000 cheques back, but I do wonder how many hits they had before they removed it
    - if it were say 1500, it might be a 2 in 3 (roughly, depending on factors below) of getting in. If 2500, lesser odds.

On the one hand, there will doubtless be a few who downloaded but didn't get around to entering.

And there will be some people who downloaded several times
    (assuming it counts separate hits/downloads rather than unique IP address hits ? It did occur to me I ought to get-up at 1:00 am, download and then hit the refresh button 500 times just to improve my chances of getting in :roll:)

But on the other hand of course there will be a couple of people who downloaded once and then printed 20 off, filled them in for their mates and then hand-delivered them ! :evil:

And doubtless it won't be 1000 entries available, there will be some ring-fenced for their own club members, people who helped-out last year and so on.
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    Perhaps nashapley you're assuming too much, that there was someone monitoring the hits and then pulling it as soon as it went over 1000
    - perhaps the organiser just pulled it at 7:30-ish because that's what time he got up !

I guess they remove the form because they don't want to be receiving 5000 of them and having to send 4000 cheques back, but I do wonder how many hits they had before they removed it
    - if it were say 1500, it might be a 2 in 3 (roughly, depending on factors below) of getting in. If 2500, lesser odds.

On the one hand, there will doubtless be a few who downloaded but didn't get around to entering.

And there will be some people who downloaded several times
    (assuming it counts separate hits/downloads rather than unique IP address hits ? It did occur to me I ought to get-up at 1:00 am, download and then hit the refresh button 500 times just to improve my chances of getting in :roll:)

But on the other hand of course there will be a couple of people who downloaded once and then printed 20 off, filled them in for their mates and then hand-delivered them ! :evil:

And doubtless it won't be 1000 entries available, there will be some ring-fenced for their own club members, people who helped-out last year and so on.

True. Better get them fingers crossed then!
  • Steve928
    Steve928 Posts: 314
    My entry form and cheque were returned this morning. No luck :(

I was planning to hand deliver it but had to resort to the post as I was laid up with a cold. Oh well, might try again next year.
  • Hugh_P
    Hugh_P Posts: 12
    Rider list is out and the chance for an extra 200 riders to get in.
    Good news for me :D , but not for my mates. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • andy_wrx
    I'm in.

Ooo-errr.

I wonder if it might be a good idea to start doing some extra training...
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    See you there fellas 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Bugger... I'm in! :shock: :? 8)

Phips - got your mail mate, need to check what the plans are with the other crowd I mentioned to you. If you need to book up then do, I'm sure I'll get sorted one way or another! 8)
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Happy training!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I am in too and 3 of my mates. Happy days :lol:
    Brian B.
  • andy_wrx
    How many times is that Brian ? Can't be that bad if you're in again.

I'll just follow you, you must know the way by now !
  • Brian B
    andy_wrx wrote:
    How many times is that Brian ? Can't be that bad if you're in again.

I'll just follow you, you must know the way by now !

3rd time lucky this year. My aim is to get under 8hrs without walking Unfortunately I do know the whole route now and every inch of the road from Gosforth heading towards Hardknott pass :cry:

Still I have shed a further 6kg from last years event so effectively lost the weight of my bike and plan to shed another 4kg before the event and can really notice the difference on the hills.
    Brian B.
  • I'm in, as is my mate who I'm intending to ride with! Rather spookily, despite us posting our entries seperately and from hundreds of miles apart, we've got consecutive numbers...
  • Brian B
    nasahapley wrote:
    I'm in, as is my mate who I'm intending to ride with! Rather spookily, despite us posting our entries seperately and from hundreds of miles apart, we've got consecutive numbers...

I have a great idea. Sell your entry and and cycle it anyway with your mate. Nobody will mind :wink:

All joking aside - glad you got in as well :D
    Brian B.