Is BR on go Slow?

13»

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    zero303 wrote:
    Bikeradar refuses to fill my screen - I see more in the white bands on the side of the screen that I do actual information........cyclingnews manages to fill the screen though.... :?

Restricted width websites are a good thing from a usability point of view. Legibility becomes an issues when the length of lines of text becomes too long...

sorry zero I disagree. a good stylesheet will take the browser width into account and display a width appropriate to that browser width. sounds like reddraggon has a monster screen though.....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Phideaux
    Phideaux Posts: 87
    As a newby I have to say that I like the site's contents but because it takes sooooo long for the pages to load in the evenings (or not due to time out, error messages, page not found etc), I find myself going to other sites like BHPC, RoadCycling, Cycle Chat, Bike Magic and buying bits & pieces that I need to get started from the other members, or ordering from the adverts posted on those sites.

Pity really :(
    Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    This problem should be sorted by lunchtime tomorrow (Friday). Unfortunately, BikeRadar will be down in the morning for a few hours to enable the move/split to a new server.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    muppets.jpg

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Thanks Jeff - it was getting to be a Royal PITA (although on the plus-side, my productivity at work has been very good lately :lol: )
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Well first impressions of the new pimped servers is very good. Almost instant page loads, no article not found or crashes. Back where is was, makes using the forums a pleasure again.

Thank you.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Well glad to see the forum running great again however I'm back to the old problem of corrupt cookies in firefox? Any reason why this keeps happening? I don't have this problem on any other websites.
  • Crapaud
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    We've actually fixed part of the problem, which was to do with the routes section and Bikely. ...
    Erm... I was on Bikely this morning and it was loading at glacial speeds - worse than BR at it's worst. :(
    That's actually a forum problem, not a Bikely problem. But yes, it is still a problem.
    I don't know what you've done to Bikley, but it was running like stink this morning! It took 10 mins to plot a route that I'd expected to take around an hour.

Cheers guys.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Crapaud wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    We've actually fixed part of the problem, which was to do with the routes section and Bikely. ...
    Erm... I was on Bikely this morning and it was loading at glacial speeds - worse than BR at it's worst. :(
    That's actually a forum problem, not a Bikely problem. But yes, it is still a problem.
    I don't know what you've done to Bikley, but it was running like stink this morning! It took 10 mins to plot a route that I'd expected to take around an hour.

Cheers guys.

What kind of route takes an hour :shock: :shock:

Must be off road
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Actually, it's a bikely problem and not a forum problem. Bikely seems to be having it's own problems. :?
  • Crapaud
    doyler78 wrote:

What kind of route takes an hour :shock: :shock:

Must be off road
    Nope, on-road. It was a coast to coast, west - east. 130km.

I've always found Bikley to be slow and, at times, frustrating. I'd put it down to a poor internet connection at my end. There are no changes here, so it must be Bikely.

Anyway, it 's going good so, I'm a happy toad. :D
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Actually, it's a bikely problem and not a forum problem. Bikely seems to be having it's own problems. :?
    Correct, although the forums definitely were the main problem before.

We've had to limit the number of simultaneous connections to Bikely because it is getting too slow. So you'll get a blank page from time to time. This will be fixed, but I suspect it won't be for at least another month.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Correct, although the forums definitely were the main problem before.

We've had to limit the number of simultaneous connections to Bikely because it is getting too slow. So you'll get a blank page from time to time. This will be fixed, but I suspect it won't be for at least another month.

Hi Jeff,

Any word on the Bikely site being sorted?

I've had problems even locating a Surrey Hills route lately, nevermind download or plot one. Altghough on a more positive note I rarely have problems with the forum aspect of the site and love it.

p.s. are you the same Jeff that's helping me replace my faulty Wales Dragon Sportive top?

Thanks