Sore Legs>

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
Does anybody have a good remedy for sore legs. Woke up this morning and they were quite sore. Had a good few days on the bike, into a cruel headwind I should add. The extra energy expended has obviously taken its toll. Cheers Tony.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    30 minutes very light spinning. If you have a turbo or rollers, they're perfect for it.
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    yup - a good recovery ride should help. just make sure you take it very slowly and try not to do more than 45 minutes.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Good advice from whyamIhere - you can also try some stretching before and after your ride. Also make sure you get some food down your neck as soon as you can after finishing your ride,
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tonymufc
    Cheers guys, think I might go and fire up the turbo.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    no pain - no gain. :lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    bit obvious, but stretching after you get off may help - and maybe some stretching now as well!
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    I rub Deep Heat into my legs when the aches set in.
  • Doobz wrote:
    Good advice from whyamIhere - you can also try some stretching before and after your ride. Also make sure you get some food down your neck as soon as you can after finishing your ride,

I concur, After my long Saturday ride I go shopping with the wife to get the groceries for the week ahead....It just makes sure that my muscles have a good cooldown and all lactate is removed before I relax for the evening. Be careful not to push yourself too hard
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • I doubt you'll find evidence that stretching before a ride is of much help. Indeed it's probably more likely to cause a problem. Stretching afterwards is OK.

Sore legs is normal, it's called training.

Here's an item on recovery:
    http://www.cyclecoach.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=111
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    one thing i have suffered from is tight hamstrings (caused by too much footbal over the years i think). this gives me a "soreness" in the legs that i notice when i wake up in the mornings. streching regularly in a mildly yogic way seems to have helped...may be wortth a go?
  • Tonymufc
    a_n_t wrote:
    no pain - no gain. :lol:

My kinda guy. Er, not in that way though you undersand. :lol: