Project 'A' - photos and questions!

2»

Comments

• redvee wrote:
    Clicky headset aka indexed steering another Shimano improvement to cycling :lol::(

Thats what it feels like!!

Well, Ive attemped to fix it, and it didnt work so i guess I'll add it to the list for the LBS. Im a bit dissapointed as I wanted to do as much of this build as i possibly could, especcially the headset and BB as they are the parts most people would avoid. I was pissed off when I put it all back together and it was exactlly the same.
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    There should be a threaded race, the one you adjust the bearing preload with, and one locknut that sits above it. Sounds like you may have it slightly too tight.
  • Cheers Rob. I'll maybe stick a picture up tonight if you dont mind having a look back.

Cheers
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
  • DSC01027.jpg
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
  • This is now officially 'daein ma heid in'

As I posted on LFGSS (ive also beeen there seeking help and advice). I have included photos just for you...

Took the ol' Pug to the bike shop today. I was going to get the BB changed to bring in the chainset to get a decent chainline with my new wheels (On-One track wheels). I knew my chainline was a long way out. A quick measurement in the shop showed it to be 15mm! As it is, it would be impossible to bring my existing 52t chainset in towards the frame enough to get a chainline as it would hit against the stay. I was using the big ring from the old double that was on the bike when I got it. The BB on it just now does seem to be quite long, but I was wondering whether a ss/fg specific chain set will bring it close enough (with the right BB)? Are they made to sit tighter to the bike frame on a square taper BB? If so, what would you recommed bearing in mind my money is running out!

I could really do without redishing and spacing my brand new wheels, although it might be neccesary.

DSC01031.jpg

It almost looks like the shoulder for the fixed cog is in line with the BB casing.

DSC01030.jpg

The new chainset will almost have to be flush to get a decent line.

Yours

An increasingly pissed off UPL
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon