Wii Fit yoga - any good for cyclists?

topcattim
topcattim Posts: 766
We gave my son a Wii Fit for Christmas, and I'm glad to say that so far I've resisted pretty well (although my time on the downhill slalom could do with some improving!)

There's a set of yoga exercises that seem to be aimed at improving core stability. I wondered if anyone knew of any evidence, either anecdotal or proper research, that shows whether the Wii fit actually does make a difference, or whehter it is all just a load of tosh?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Ask Mark Cavendish about Wii Fit, I'm sure you'll get an interesting answer. ;)
  • whyamihere wrote:
    Ask Mark Cavendish about Wii Fit, I'm sure you'll get an interesting answer. ;)
    Yeah, saw that. Do you think if I practise snowboarding on the wii, it will improve my sprinting too?
  • Shouldn't do any harm
    Want a Site? Visit
    www.cpbwebdesign.co.uk
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Better than nothing but realistically you wouldnt notice on the bike. If you are serious about core strength and you have already optimised your bike training - then find a good pilates teacher.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I think it will be great for anyone that doesn't give up some core strengthening regime in order to do this. Wii fit actually uses well recongised techniques. We all know that if you fiddle with the controllers that you can appear to do something but if you do that well then you know that your aren't doing your best so what's the worry. Do the exercises as prescribed and you will have a great work out.

Use it - it is great. Improved my balance no end.