Are you riding on Christmas day?

2»

Comments

• Club run on chrsitmas day 8) Few hours before a good feed up hopefully.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • paul_or
    paul_or Posts: 156
    Last night was the big 'Christmas pub night' and included both pork scratchings and a doner kebab.....so I think it is inevitable I will ride and take advantage of the (hopefully quiet) roads.

Happy Christmas all.
    visit my blog for more excitement

http://www.flammerouge.co.uk
    Not getting out Xmas day, too much going with two kids, but having agreed to suffer the in-laws for boxing day lunch I think it's reasonable I cycle the 25 miles there (plus scenic detour :wink: ) and let my wife take the kids in the car. Just need to tell the wife :lol:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • I'll be riding down the hill to meet my clubmates in the pub for a quick pint. Does that count? :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Marko1962 wrote:
    Don't think I will be going out, I fear being the target of a drink driver at this time of the year so will avoid the roads Xeve Xday and boxing day. I don't know if drink driving has gone down any over the last few years but i'd rather not take any chances..........

I lied, i've been out for a quick 20 miler today, nice weather quietish roads and I thoroughly enjoyed myself ;)
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    I went out this morning on my annual Christmas day ride - I've done the same 14 mile route for the last 9 years. Quiet, dry roads and perfect weather - sunny, blue sky with a chilly northerly wind here in West Herts, but it's clouded over and grey now.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Just back from a 50 miler (my slowest of the year :oops: ). Now off for a soak and then to drink Chateauneuf till my legs fall off. :)
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    Nice, quiet, 19 miler. Foggy and cool.
    Wished I'd stopped out longer (house invaded by family and in-laws now).
    Powered by Haribo.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Off to the inlaws in an hour or so for xmas dinner, missus has already driven over with child, I'll be going over on the bike as I want to go out with the club tomorrow morning.

Should help me work up an appetite for mother-in-laws cooking (v.good), and as a plus lets me get some work done on the house without wife and child in the way (sanding in the kitchen prior to painting), and also going a little bit later avoids some of the to-be-expected aggro with the brother in law....
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Just come in from mine - 9.71 miles - 32.43 mins - little wind, not much traffic - all good.
  • Hey there,

I got up an hour early today and got out by 09:30. I did 65km in 2hr45m, which isn't bad for the middle of winter. It sure felt like a good workout, but I found myself cycling through large blankets of fog, so it's lucky I was on the quiet cycle network path.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Forecast fog - which was in abundance at 6:30am - had lifted by the time I got out. It was a real joy without buses and HGVs though.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    I did 50 miles. Did the first loop of 25, had to go home for warmer gloves and overshoes and went and did it again. Good fun.
  • paul_or
    paul_or Posts: 156
    I did mine, a 28 miler, starting at 8.30 am. Details and pics here:

http://paulmor.wordpress.com/2008/12/25/christmas-day-ride/

now to run a belated bath!
    visit my blog for more excitement

http://www.flammerouge.co.uk
    44m steady (club run tomorrow), cheery greeting from Ian Cammish (who appeared to be doing 30mph, as usual, when he passed) "you must be mad" - think I spluttered something like "you too mate" in response.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    I was planning on riding but ended up sitting in front of the TV instead. Damn :cry:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bice
    bice Posts: 772
    I went out for 12 miles: from Tenby to Manobier along the Ridgeway and then back via Stackpole. One of the most beautiful spots on earth. Cold, but bright and being so far west it was still light at 4.30pm.

Began to really like my Trek 1.7 (now with race blades)!