Commando, undies and cycling the commuters guide.

13»

Comments

• linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    DDD what is it about you? You have such an aura of mystery about you. If only we could just find out a little about you.....
    :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    (I don't really wear a Man boob bra).

I don't know what to say Linsen, things don't seem to bother me like they do others. I'm completely comfortable with who I am and what I do and am willing/comfortable talking about things most find taboo.

I guess that makes it seem like I have no social skills, but mixing socially and talking/bonding with people regardless of how different their lifestyle/social habits are (I don't judge people in that way) has never been a problem for me. - This is dependant on whether said person is willing to accept me for who I am.

I will say this, you'll never get a proper idea of me from what I write on the internet. Its not that I'm being fake, its just that there is so much more to tell and it will all contradict.

"I am both ugly and beautiful. Fat and slim. Funny and sad. Loved and Hated. I am a contradiction. I am human warts and all." ~ Laurence DondaddyD W.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    ANYWAY, that's far too deep and meaningful for me.

BOOBS! Yes boobs.

Question to the women cyclist.

Don't you feel a little exposed when out on a ride (in summer) wearing tight lycra shorts and top?

I went to my Nan's after a cycle and my time there was hugely uncomfortable (the fact that I was naked and wraped in lycra).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD

BOOBS! Yes boobs.

Don't you feel a little exposed when out on a ride (in summer) wearing tight lycra shorts and top?

I went to my Nan's after a cycle and my time there was hugely uncomfortable (the fact that I was naked and wraped in lycra).
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    DonDaddyD wrote:

BOOBS! Yes boobs.

Better lycra than clingfilm :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    DonDaddyD wrote:

BOOBS! Yes boobs.

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dared. However two years of running has meant my cover-up clothes have been shed with my inhibitions. Necessity rules over shyness, and during ultra marathons, where I've changed clothes half way through a race, I've quite happily done so in public. Not *completely* naked mind. I haven't lost *all* dignity...

And I have been known to shop in supermarkets in running gear. And after races I am frequently found in pubs in my sweaty muddy running stuff. It just means you get more room ;)
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dared. However two years of running has meant my cover-up clothes have been shed with my inhibitions. Necessity rules over shyness, and during ultra marathons, where I've changed clothes half way through a race, I've quite happily done so in public. Not *completely* naked mind. I haven't lost *all* dignity...

And I have been known to shop in supermarkets in running gear. And after races I am frequently found in pubs in my sweaty muddy running stuff. It just means you get more room ;)

My mate wants a word...

howtolookgoodnaked3.jpg
    :lol: 8)
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Sewinman wrote:
    I go commando on the bike and then put on boxers at work. I have forgotten a few times and gone commando at work too - no big deal!? Forgetting socks is worse as wearing work shoes without socks looks and feel swrong.

I just wear normal shorts to cycle but have been thinking about getting some cycling specific shorts recently. Since getting my road bike i have been getting some pain in the nether regions and think it might be down to the less than comfortable ride the crown jewels get these days. Brixton bus ravaged tarmac and my saddle don't mix. Are padded cycling shorts worth the £££? Yours, blue balls...

I bought a pair, unsure of their value. They paid for themselves the first time I went over some cobbles :twisted:
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Hey Jax
    Hey Jax Posts: 107
    DonDaddyD wrote:

BOOBS! Yes boobs.

I
    went to my Nan's after a cycle and my time there was hugely uncomfortable (the fact that I was naked and wraped in lycra).

not at all...its kinda liberatiing cycling with a cooling breeze over skin in summer
  • I once went to very large public art exhibition in full Lycra gear and cycling shoes. My mum was there as my dad had painting on show. She never batted an eyelid as she's used to me but the only thing anyone else could say was, "have you been cycling?".

Maybe they thought I was a piece of live art - or at least an eccentric artist.

Now I think about it, I did look a bit of a nob :oops:
  • sod em all. Im known for going into pubs in my riding gear, get some odd looks, breaks the ice with ladies mind you ;-).

You get some interesting comments.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Quite right woody, it was more the kaleidoscopic colour mixture of what I was wearing back then that upsets me in retrospect.

I did used to get a lot of comments from the girls at work - and a shapely young lass in Lycra makes the heart beat a little faster...
  • velorazzi wrote:
    Quite right woody, it was more the kaleidoscopic colour mixture of what I was wearing back then that upsets me in retrospect.

I did used to get a lot of comments from the girls at work - and a shapely young lass in Lycra makes the heart beat a little faster...

hell yea.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I must admit I am still too self concious to go out in the lycra alone even if riding, let alone anything happening after a ride like drinking or talking to other human beings.

I'm sure that will disappear in time, just want the waist to go with it. hehe.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • hisoka wrote:
    I must admit I am still too self concious to go out in the lycra alone even if riding, let alone anything happening after a ride like drinking or talking to other human beings.

I'm sure that will disappear in time, just want the waist to go with it. hehe.

dude just go for it mate. all they can do is respect you for going out like that. as they havent got the balls to walk into a place like that...............
  • When leaving my work building one night last week in all my winter lycra gear, one of the guys at work said to me -

'you dont look like your going home you look like you are going to another planet'.

Assos gear does look abit scifi though. I thought it was very funny...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    damn you D^3 my bib shorts have started rubbing, I blame YOU, you've jinked me :wink: :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    Can't remember the last time I wore underwear, whats all the fuss about going 'commando'?