2»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, it'll be bright daylight.

You might want to take some knacked jumper to wear as insulation on the way down and then bin it on the start line. Just be careful, each year some riders take the descent slow and use the brakes a lot, which makes the rim heat up and so pops the inner tube, meaning a puncture on the way to the start. :cry:
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    I'm camping in Bourg D'Oisans - making a week of it arriving by car on the Wednesday evening before. The wife insists she's happy camping in France but will not camp in this country again having been savaged by midges a few years ago!
  • Camping in Bourg should be fine temperature wise at that time of year. Worth booking though... I stayed a camping la piscine on the way out of Bourg on the road up the Alpe last year in August, and was very impressed. Only reason I'm not camping for this year's Marmotte is that my company doesn't want to :roll:

As for descending the Alpe in the early morning - good advice re taking an old jumper. you might want to consider old tracky bottoms too. last year i wore all my warm kit for the event on the way down (inc full finger gloves), and an old bin liner over the top! Not quite Assos quality, but it did the job :lol:
    We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies - it is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire
  • bs147
    I'm booked in at 'Camping Le Colporteur' in Bourg - ferry is also booked!

I watched the Cyclefilm Marmotte DVD at the weekend - very useful. I've driven the route before and did the Etape in 2006 where the routes were the same from the top of the Lauteret to the top of the Alpe.
  • In entering this years La Marmotte, I eventually managed to navigate through the SportComunication website and enter my credit card number - about a month ago now.

However I've not yet had an email from them with my Entry Number - and I can't find my name in their database.

Did anyone else wait ages - or is it just me.
  • bs147
    I entered approx 3 weeks ago and they replied to me 5 days after that. Best to drop them an e-mail, they originally entered me in the 2 day 'Rando' so I had to contact them to switch my entry - they replied to my e-mail within 3 days.
  • mine took three weeks. do you have a spam filter? maybe it's tucked away in a folder.
  • I done mine recently and got my number through within a couple of days