What to watch?

FSR_XC
FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
I have been doing a few sessions on the turbo trainer recently.

I started by using the training DVD from cycling weekly. Although it is nice to cycle with Vicky, I am getting a bit bored of the same roads.

I get bored cycling just listening to the radio.

What do others do when cycling on a turbo?

Anyone recommend anything to watch?
Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    I watch the washing machine. (It's not usually on.) :lol:

Ruth
  • Al_38
    Al_38 Posts: 277
    I'd normally go with a decent action film. In the exciting bits I can quite happily do 10+ minutes without realising it. I'd avoid any slow and boring films though, or anything that requires much attention to the plot to follow what is going on. The other added bonus is that I don't get off the trainer till the film is over - meaning if you stick something like a LOTR on you get 2.5 hours of turboing done.
  • V-twin
    V-twin Posts: 49
    I agree with Al_38 about action films. 'Gladiator' (R. Crowe) is fairly good with some action near the start to get the cadence going and then regular gladiatorial bouts to raise the music and action level; ending (I think at about the 100 minute mark) with a Colosseum based battle which suits the V02 max work.... [yeah, on reflection, I should get out a bit more..

mox senex dormit
  • I watch an episode of the Wire each session... The complex plotting nad character development distract me from losing half my body-weight in sweat. Plus the music over the credits is a great warmdown.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent