Corned Beef Hash...

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    both knees? poor f*cker, that must have been pretty painful!! i once broke both of my arms on a training excercise, wasnt pretty but i got 6 weeks off and had an amazing time!!
  • yea both knees :( he's out of the army now because of it, but still pops in now and then to see his mates etc etc. He's had 4 knee replacements each side since, and i think he isn't allowed to have anymore, so he's going the be wheelchair bound. quality guy tho.
    He was in the SAS and has some mean stories that he used to tell me on driving lessons. I'd hate to think of some of the stuff you guys see.
  • Anonymous
    ive had a pretty sheltered time of it to be honest. have done and seen some very cool stuff though. do you not fancy a military career after uni?
  • Anonymous
    pbpic2744534.jpg
  • Anonymous
    me with 2 broken arms, i think i was 19 at the time
    pbpic2744526.jpg
  • i have thought about it. My dad was in the navy and has some amazing slides of where he's been and has some great stories, but he's always put me off joining up.
    either way i have no idea what i'm gonna do when i leave. Definitely want to do some sort of charity help before i settle down doing anything (cheers for that raleigh website btw, its perfect for what i had in mind).
  • Anonymous
    keep us informed about the raleigh thing, i mentioned it to the wife before and she went all starry eyed with memories, they built sanitation and a school for most of it then went on a trek to record elephant caused damage to the envionment.

savagely hard work but unbelievably rewarding and the bonus is, everyone is there by choice and for the same thing so the camaraderie was unbelievable.
  • will do :)
    GF has already given me her support as its something i want to do, and i think she is thinking of doing a similar thing (not as intensive tho).
    Told my parents about it tonight and the seem very supportive. I've downloaded the info pack and am very interested :)