Oooh handbags at the ready! LA v Linus

2»

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    calvjones wrote:
    Amazing. LA has turned Astana into a bunch of Omerta-loving bullies before a wheel is turned in anger. I used to like Klodi, until I realised he was either too scared or dirty to ever countenance leading a team.

Not sure about Armstrong turning Astana into omerta loving bullies - they've been doing pretty well all by themselves since they started. But he certainly fits right in with the ethos.
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    it would be great to see gerdemann kick armstrongs ars* on the ventoux

Never gonna happen!!!
  • LG was entitled to his own opinion. Lance should stay retired. I would love for him to try to steal Contador's leadership role and, in the process, get his ass handed to him by Alberto.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    LG was entitled to his own opinion. Lance should stay retired. I would love for him to try to steal Contador's leadership role and, in the process, get his ass handed to him by Alberto.

LG was entitled to his own opinion - of course he is!

Lance should stay retired - Why?...an element of 'I have spoken'.

I would love for him to try to steal Contador's leadership role and, in the process, get his ass handed to him by Alberto - Yes, many would LOVE to see that but we must be realistic here, we don't know what LA will return, but on Cycling terms at there peak then Contador is a mere Club Cyclist in comparison....it is absolutely ridiculous to compare the 2....as I've said before Ullrich,Basso etc (without drugs) were a different level to Contador nevermind LA....so for your wish to come true then Contador would have to be on 100% form and LA on 70% form...and thats a very honest appraisal IMO....
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    ACMadone wrote:
    it would be great to see gerdemann kick armstrongs ars* on the ventoux
    Never gonna happen!!!
    Wait and see. Gerdemann has some amazing power to weight ratio stats and with more stringent dope testing in place, he could well be a dark horse for the upcoming Tour.
  • Might this all be either a case of 'meaning lost in translation' or media mischief making?
    They say that LG's point of view was misrepresented. In the meantime surely LA actually said:-

''He better hope he doesn't get in a breakaway with me because I can still ride hard,"

Which is a little different from the bold section from CN below, which, incidentaly, is not in quotation marks.

Armstrong, who will join former Team Manager Johan Bruyneel and Klöden at Team Astana, responded to Gerdemann's rumoured remarks. He threatened to chase Gerdemann if he tried to join an escape group. Klöden reminded Gerdemann that he would need "friends in the peloton," and that Armstrong would not be one of them; "Lance was angry."

I am now convinced that Linus = Luke Skywalker and LA = Darth