Oooh handbags at the ready! LA v Linus

josame
josame Posts: 1,143
edited November 2008 in Pro race
LA: "He's right, I am older. I raced with Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain and Greg Lemond of all people. I have been around a long time and I don't know who the hell Linus Gerdemann is, but I know that when I rolled up in 1992, I started winning races. And when I roll up in 2009, I am gonna be winning races. (CN)

Ere we go again... Linus is the new Simeoni in LA's eyes
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• josame
    Also added:
    ''He better hope he doesn't get in a breakaway with me because I can still ride hard," said the Texan.'
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The kid from Peanuts?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Absolutely no different from the way that many of the greats such as Merckx or Hinault used bully younger riders. Hell, you can see it in domestic racing with the wilier Vets trying to terrorise the Juniors and C-cat riders.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Since this involves Linus, is it Louis Vuitton handbags?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    someone needs to learn the girl a lesson, how cool would it be if it was Lance!? :D
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    afx237vi wrote:
    The kid from Peanuts?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Trev36
    Trev36 Posts: 92
    Gerdemann's got back up though :p

from Sabine Spitz (cross country mountain bike world champ) as quoted in cyclingnews.
    She also said that she did not think that Lance Armstrong's return would be beneficial to cycling. She said that there are test from the 1999 Tour de France which link him to EPO use, and "I absolutely do not understand, why he is welcomed back with open arms."
    6288 Posts: 131
    Trev36 wrote:
    Gerdemann's got back up though :p

from Sabine Spitz (cross country mountain bike world champ) as quoted in cyclingnews.
    She also said that she did not think that Lance Armstrong's return would be beneficial to cycling. She said that there are test from the 1999 Tour de France which link him to EPO use, and "I absolutely do not understand, why he is welcomed back with open arms."

says the woman who looks like a jan ullrich/garnier nutrisse combo ...
  • josame
    Someone's got to him....

Gerdemann clarifies his comments "At the Team Milram press conference, I was asked whether I found Lance Armstrong's comeback good. I said that on the one hand it would surely draw more attention to cycling. On the other hand, in connection with the German media coverage, Lance Armstrong is virtually always connected to doping. I did not say anything about the riders of Lance's generation and certainly did not draw any conclusions about them."
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,173
    6288 wrote:
    So we only listen to women if they have an approved haircut now?

You must be feeling the cold now in that cave of yours, no?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Ha - is that the 1992 when he finished last in his first pro race ?

He didnt start winning til 1993. He'd better have a better start to his relaunch.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    josame wrote:
    LA: "He's right, I am older. I raced with Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche.....

whoopie do Lance, whoopie do.... LA the phookin name dropper!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    He neglected to say 'raced with them and got my butt kicked by every single one of them'
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    what LA has forgotten to say is that Linus has raced with Contador while Lance hasnt
    6288 Posts: 131
    andyp wrote:
    6288 wrote:

i'm going with the theory of if ur american and successul then you are a cheat ... however, if you are a female german athlete and look more like a bloke then it's just pure coincidence ... what has has history shown to be the truer picture?
  • 6288 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    6288 wrote:

i'm going with the theory of if ur american and successul then you are a cheat ... however, if you are a female german athlete and look more like a bloke then it's just pure coincidence ... what has has history shown to be the truer picture?

Like Marion Jones you mean??

Errrrr I think she's the successful american or is she the other one from history?? :)
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    the more lance opens his gob the more i think hes a w**nker i just wish he would crawl back under the stone he came from f**kin tosser :(
    cheesy quaver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    st68 wrote:
    the more lance opens his gob the more i think hes a w**nker i just wish he would crawl back under the stone he came from f**kin tosser :(

Yeah, this is the kind of entries we need here on the forum, words of pure wisdom :roll:

Everyones entitled to ther own opinion but the manner in which they convey it matters much to me...and this type of inane dribble has no place here surely?
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    A lot of football supporter type mentality on this forum lately - a real shame. These days you can't escape it I'm afraid - very afraid.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    DavMartinR wrote:
    6288 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    6288 wrote:

Like Marion Jones you mean??

Errrrr I think she's the successful american or is she the other one from history?? :)

You can also throw Carl lewis into that pot as well
  • it would be great to see gerdemann kick armstrongs arse on the ventoux
  • 6288 wrote:

So is Tammy Thomas, that well-known American `female`Olympian just another `win at all costs` cheating American, or is it `just pure coincidence` that she now looks like a bloke and nothing at all to do with steroid abuse?

amd_tammy3.jpg
  • http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... nov10news2

Kloden has waded into the debate re Lance v Linus. I must admit I enjoy Klodi's rants, he can be very blunt.

Does this mean I'm now a LA sympathiser? Damn the man, why did he have to come back :evil: !
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Interesting quote:

From www.cyclingnews.com:

Armstrong, who will join former Team Manager Johan Bruyneel and Klöden at Team Astana, responded to Gerdemann's rumoured remarks. He threatened to chase Gerdemann if he tried to join an escape group. Klöden reminded Gerdemann that he would need "friends in the peloton," and that Armstrong would not be one of them; "Lance was angry."

Doesn't sit well with his "I never chased down Simeoni" comments
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I seem to recall Armstrong told a journalist that chasing down Simeoni was the biggest regret of his career :roll:
  • aurelio wrote:
    6288 wrote:

So is Tammy Thomas, that well-known American `female`Olympian just another `win at all costs` cheating American, or is it `just pure coincidence` that she now looks like a bloke and nothing at all to do with steroid abuse?

amd_tammy3.jpg

lordy!is that five o clock shadow?
  • RICHYBOYcp wrote:
    st68 wrote:

Yeah, this is the kind of entries we need here on the forum, words of pure wisdom :roll:

Everyones entitled to ther own opinion but the manner in which they convey it matters much to me...and this type of inane dribble has no place here surely?

passionate words.i maybe wouldnt have expressed them quite like that but i agree wholeheartedly
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    aurelio wrote:
    6288 wrote:

amd_tammy3.jpg

lordy!is that five o clock shadow?

6288 - you must put up warnings for our sake prior to posting such photos!

But that got me thinking; I wondered if Tammy Thomas always looked like this. So I did a google search on 'Tammy Thomas Photos' and came back with 4 shots. As well as the picture above, there are two others of Tammy looking similar. However, the 4th has me beat. Please tell me this Is this another Tammy Thomas, else there is a lot of explaining to be done. :D

tamLunge.jpg
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Timoid. wrote:
    Interesting quote:

From www.cyclingnews.com:

Armstrong, who will join former Team Manager Johan Bruyneel and Klöden at Team Astana, responded to Gerdemann's rumoured remarks. He threatened to chase Gerdemann if he tried to join an escape group. Klöden reminded Gerdemann that he would need "friends in the peloton," and that Armstrong would not be one of them; "Lance was angry."

Doesn't sit well with his "I never chased down Simeoni" comments

Amazing. LA has turned Astana into a bunch of Omerta-loving bullies before a wheel is turned in anger. I used to like Klodi, until I realised he was either too scared or dirty to ever countenance leading a team.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Doesn't bode well for any attempt by Contador to get any leverage in the team when he's faced by the Big Ego.