Richmond Park night training question

Ramanujan
Ramanujan Posts: 352
Hi,

I understand that the park closes to cars at a certain time in the winter. What time is the park shut to cars?
Also, I heard there's a deer cull soon. Does this mean that the park is shut altogether?

thanks
R

Comments

• chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Ramanujan wrote:
    Hi,

I understand that the park closes to cars at a certain time in the winter. What time is the park shut to cars?
    Also, I heard there's a deer cull soon. Does this mean that the park is shut altogether?

thanks
    R

From memory the park closes at dusk. As that time varies through the year (obviously) they have the specific time noted on signs at each of the vehicle entry gates, though practically it is after that. Richmond gate in particular I remember tends to shut the latest as it is used by people working at Pembroke Lodge.

The park gates are all fully shut for the deer cull, someone was saying it would be at 8pm but you could check next time you are in the park.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Sheen Gate has a sign saying the gates are currently shutting at 5:30pm. I forget what the sign said regarding the deer cull though, sorry :roll:
  • ok, thanks guys
  • You can find opening and closing times here although i dont know how exact they are

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/richm ... es2008.pdf

i did find something about the deer cull the other day but am not sure where i saw it
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    When does the deer cull end guys? Was it just last week or is it this week too?
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    The signs in the park say six weeks from the 1st Nov so a while yet
  • Last year the Cull was all off November and all of Feb

8pm till about 7am

I normally aim to get out by 7:50 as they sometimes close those gates a touch early.

It's 8pm by their watches not yours.

Is this an old thread? I'm new ;-)